WPI v8.7.2 Release Thread

By the way, when looking at MS for code examples, when they check objWMIService, they seem to do it like this:

objWMIService=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\\\" + "." + "\\root\\CIMV2");
rather than like this:

objWMIService=GetObject("winmgmts:\\\\" + "." + "\\root\\CIMV2");
They both seem to work in my very simple tests. Does anyone know if there is any real difference? Just curious.

You shared 2 codes (post #50): the first is VBS and the second JavaScript code

Actually, I've done some more investigation about this. What I was specifically asking about was whether "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!" was needed or not. From looking here, (yes, its an older post but it still seems to apply), that has nothing at all to do with VBS vs JS, but is rather part of the WMI Security Settings, which can be used by any scripting method. It is primarily useful when dealing with remote computers. It's meaning has also changed over the years and it is now supposed to be the default behavior of WMI version 1.5 or later, however "For backward and potentially forward compatibility, you should always explicitly set impersonationLevel."

So if WPI will never be used to interact with a remote computer, and/or if WPI will always deal with machines that have WMI version 1.5 or later installed, then I guess either of the two forms I posted above seem to be equivalent, even in Javascript. But you want to do as suggested, "For backward and potentially forward compatibility, you should always explicitly set impersonationLevel.", then use the first form that includes "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!".

Cheers and Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I repared lang_es.js in 8.7.0 :)

Changed:

- lblEnable64BitProcessing[lang] = ['Habilitar procesamiento de 64 bits'];

- optKeep[lang] = ['Mantener'];
* tabConfigurations[lang] = ['Configurations']; ------------------- tabConfigurations[lang] = ['Configuraciones'];
// v8.6+
+lblNumberOfCores[lang] = ['Número de núcleos'];
+lblNumberOfLogicalProcessors[lang] = ['Número de Procesadores Lógicos'];
+lblProductKey[lang] = ['Clave del producto'];
+lblKeyboardLayout[lang] = ['Distribución del teclado'];

lang_es.js

• 3 weeks later...
v8.7.1 Updates - Released Jan 28th, 2013

====================================================

**** Cleaned the lang files.

**** Fixed IE version detection.

**** Timer changes.

**** OS version detection fixes.

**** OS edition detection fixes.

**** Fixed a rare major bug where userfiles weren't used.

**** Lots of minor code cleanup.

**** Drag 'n Drop improvements.

Hey Kel,

I tried to get the latest version using the link on your site ("link removed"), but got a not found error and a 404 "while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request". (The link is also labeled as 8.7.0.)

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Thank you. The link works correctly now. As just a cosmetic thing, the picture over the link on the main page of the site still shows v8.7.0, even though the link is correctly v8.7.1.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks Kels for the new WPI_v8.7.1

Missing inside WPI_v8.7.1.rar; the ChangeLog.txt the minor updates for the new release:

v8.7.1 Updates - Released Jan 28th, 2013 ====================================================**** Cleaned the lang files.**** Fixed IE version detection.**** Timer changes.**** OS version detection fixes.**** OS edition detection fixes.**** Fixed a rare major bug where userfiles weren't used.**** Lots of minor code cleanup.**** Drag 'n Drop improvements.

Regards

Thanks Kels for the new WPI_v8.7.1

Missing inside WPI_v8.7.1.rar; the ChangeLog.txt the minor updates for the new release:

v8.7.1 Updates - Released Jan 28th, 2013 ====================================================**** Cleaned the lang files.**** Fixed IE version detection.**** Timer changes.**** OS version detection fixes.**** OS edition detection fixes.**** Fixed a rare major bug where userfiles weren't used.**** Lots of minor code cleanup.**** Drag 'n Drop improvements.

Regards

Fixed it.

v8.7.2 Updates - Released Feb 2nd, 2013

====================================================

**** More lang cleaning.

**** Base theme improvements.

**** Win XP installer fixes.

**** Timer changes (Fixes office installations)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian