WPI v8.7.2 Release Thread

Is there a documented list of all possible values of both:

"HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Version"
"HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\svcVersion"

for all available versions of IE that you need to check for? If so, I'd be happy to help check the logic of function getIEver(). I'd also need to know the exact format of what you need returned. (I assume it is x.xx for any version less than 10.0 and xx.xx for anything larger?)

Cheers and Regards

Thanks bphlpt.

I suggest this script working fine for me even with IE8 and Windows 7. If IE10 or IE11 are installed works also fine!

function getIEver(){	position="wmi.js";	whatfunc="getIEver()";        var IEver = RegKeyValue("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\svcVersion") || RegKeyValue("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Version");    	if (RegKeyValue("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\svcVersion") && IEver.substr(0,4) == "9.10")	{		IEver = WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\svcVersion").substr(0,4);	}	else	{		if (IEver.substr(1,1) == ".")		{			IEver = IEver.substr(0,3);		}		else		{			IEver = IEver.substr(0,4);		}         }       if (RegKeyValue("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Version") && IEver.sbstr(0,4) == "9.10")       {	     IEver = WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Version").substr(0,4);       }       return IEver;}

Thanks to try it and give your results.

Thanks to check if it's OK.

Regards

post-273131-0-90262500-1387533256_thumb.

post-273131-0-33039300-1387533271_thumb.

post-273131-0-65428800-1387554940_thumb.

Edited by myselfidem

Sorry for the delay in response.

I think that this code has essentially the same logic and will give the same results that your version of getIEver() does, and perhaps more reliably. But it might be able to still be improved.

function getIEver(){	position="wmi.js";	whatfunc="getIEver()"; 	var svcVer = RegKeyValue("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\svcVersion").split('.').slice(0,2).join('.');	var verVer = RegKeyValue("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Version").split('.').slice(0,2).join('.');	var IEver = svcVer || verVer; 	if (svcVer && IEver == "9.10") IEver = svcVer;	if (verVer && IEver == "9.10") IEver = verVer; 	return IEver;}

I'm not completely satisfied with the two "if" statements. Both are always executed and I don't know if that is necessary or not. I know, at least for Win7, that for IE10 that Version = 9.10 and svcVersion will hold the actual Version, but can svcVersion ever be 9.10? Your code implied that it can. Sorry for being a noob at this, but I'm afraid I'm having a hard time getting my head around when it is necessary to use svcVersion vs Version. ( eg If svcVersion exists is Version really necessary? And if svcVersion does not exist, and Version = 9.10, then you're screwed since the "if" statements will fail, right? I'm confused. :) ) I referred to here, which still does not list IE11 and it is not clear to me what changes are required for Win8+. ( Do svcVersion and Version reverse their roles for Win8+? )

This might be able to be shortened all the way down to this:

function getIEver(){	position="wmi.js";	whatfunc="getIEver()"; 	return RegKeyValue("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\svcVersion").split('.').slice(0,2).join('.') || RegKeyValue("HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Version").split('.').slice(0,2).join('.');}
It works for IE10 on Win7x64. I really wish I could find a table that showed what svcVersion & Version will contain for each version of IE for each version of Windows. I haven't found a complete reference yet. I'll be interested in your thoughts.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Definitely also try the short version in all those places as well. I think it should work, but I'm not sure about in Win8+. Sorry I don't have a full test bed set up to do proper testing. Of course if I could find a full reference I would also feel a lot more confident.

Cheers and Regards

OK. Tested also short version code about function getIEver() and works fine!

Regards

*Edit: Tested also with Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition (short version) and works about IE11, but now we need more code about function getOSver() inside wmi.js

Edited by myselfidem