Windows 8 Slow Boot

abhijeetv2

Hi all,

Have a nice day.

I have a Samsung NP-RV518E Laptop, it has windows 8.1 x64 bit.

I am having a very slow boot time ~5 min, sometimes. but I dont know how to reduce it, may be someone expert here can guide me to have it better.
I am attaching XML file of boot here.

Thank you for your time and support.

Regards,
Abhijeet

summary_boot.xml

booting to the UI takes 70s and the system is fully booted in over 500s :o :

- <timing bootDoneViaExplorer="79057" bootDoneViaPostBoot="511157" 

The delay from the UI comes from the driver ArcCtrl:

<phase name="systemStart" startTime="3271" endTime="55397" duration="52126">  <pnpObject name="ArcCtrl" type="Driver" activity="Load" startTime="3927" endTime="55391" duration="51464" prePendTime="51464" /> 

Most of th time is spend after the UI is launched:

<interval name="PostExplorerPeriod" startTime="79057" endTime="511157" duration="432100">

Remove as much tools as possible from automatic startup at logon.

Thank you Andre.

I am attaching second report here, I have disabled startups as much as I can.
But I dont know how to reduce other timeperiods such as 'WinLogonInit' and 'ExplorerInit' , they too are quite large in my case, even when I installed new win 8 without any software installed; it used to take around 2 minutes to boot to startscreen.
But other laptops with lots of crapware boot faster then it. Kindly guide me for that.

Thank you again for your time.

summary_boot.xml

Seems to be a disorder laptop HDDs develop that requires wiping the HDD and repartitioning.

I dunno what to say if removing the extras don't fix that!

(My sister's laptop with an HDD had an issue like this, wiped the HDD and voila! It's back to normal HDD speeds!)

Seems to be some kind of bit rot that I never seen on a desktop HDD. :/

I wasn't telling you to wipe the HDD, so please don't panic, lol. Just something I noticed.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

@RJARRRPCGP

wth do you talk about?

@abhijeetv2

starting some services takes a longer time:

serviceTransition name="SharedAccess" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="19297" serviceTransition name="DeviceAssociationService" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="11325"<serviceTransition name="UmRdpService" group="" transition="start" totalTransitionTimeDelta="14144" 

Run this command and upload the compressed (as 7z or RAR) ETL:

xbootmgr -trace boot -traceFlags BASE+LATENCY+DISPATCHER+FILE_IO+FILENAME+POWER -stackwalk profile+CSwitch+ReadyThread -resultPath C:\TEMP

@Andre
Thank you for early response.

How do I make those services to start in less time? And I have done the ETL analysis with command given by you,

Due to attachment limit, I have uploaded my etl file to a filesharing site 'D-h.st' Here is the link:-

http://d-h.st/tV2

@RJARRRPCGP
I have already tried that some months ago, ​But currently I am in no position to do it again.

Edited by abhijeetv2

Thank you Andre for pointing out the error.

I have some more queries, If I upgrade to SSD will it start to boot in half minute?
And what else I can do except the upgrade?

Samsung Spinpoint M8 500 GB is a very bad internal hard disk, wrost reviewed on internet so I guess I should upgrade it.

Edited by abhijeetv2