ie11 problems so I reverted back to 10

doswasbest

IE11 appeared as an option on my windows update last week, so I installed it. Youtube and I don't know what else, then immediately began locking up. I googled lots of topics about it, tried a bunch of suggested solutions, nothing worked, so I navigated to programs and features and uninstalled 11, reverting to 10.

I don't normally encounter weirdness with ms updates on my machines, but this one leaves me thinking that I'll hold off on 11 ..... maybe try it again next summer.

Anyone else encounter similar problems? I have 64bit win7 with all current updates (that I know of anyway).

Yeppers. My girlriend's HP notebook PC runs Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition. I upgraded her version of Internet Explorer to v11, and Gmail began running slower than a turtle. No answers but lots of results from others when I researched the issue. So I uninstalled it and now everything works just fine on IE10.

By the way, I observed all of the proper tricks (ie. disabling Compatibility View, trying both IE10 and IE11 view in the F12 menu, etc...)

Win 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

I upgraded to IE 11 and upon reboot my 'clock' gadget had disappeared from the desktop. It's the standard MS gadget (unsupported now, so I know I am on my own here).

Although the clock was useful, I don't feel like reverting to IE10 as the security features in IE11 are a bigger advantage, even though I only use it for sites which do not display correctly in Firefox.

• 2 months later...

I use Seamonkey 2.22.1 currently. I think the new IE 9+ interface is snazzy though. And v10 works great on Windows 7.

Did IE11 mess with your sea-monkey tabs like it did to mine. (made the tabs words all pixelated)