Aero Glass Cofigurator For Windows 8.1

MrGRiM

Hello.

I don't mean to ask the same question and apologize in advance, but how can I get the text to glow? I tried the configurator and nothing happens.

Can someone help me here?

Thanks,

J

i was also having that problem with the 1.0 of glass8, after switching back to the rc3 and configurator 2.0 all works as it should

• 2 weeks later...

Your scripts dont work properly. They say access denied, even after i gave myself full permission through the secruity tabs. Also some settings i didnt want to mess with it change anyway. I had to uninstall it and reapply all of my settings through the registry myself. I have to agree with ace2 when he said: Yes please stop because you will just annoy the developer and give him more problem to deal. Just let the main developer work with this kind of stuff.

Your scripts dont work properly. They say access denied, even after i gave myself full permission through the secruity tabs. Also some settings i didnt want to mess with it change anyway. I had to uninstall it and reapply all of my settings through the registry myself. I have to agree with ace2 when he said: Yes please stop because you will just annoy the developer and give him more problem to deal.

Just let the main developer work with this kind of stuff.

Works fine for me and the other 800 people who downloaded it without reporting any problems, maybe it's just you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Grim I really like your stuff and everything you do for the community. It's your work that got a lot of us including me into tweaking. That being said this tool really screwed a lot of tsuff up for me, with Aero only though. The very first day I started getting the out of range popups on dwm had to click ignore every time Aero launched. I figured it would just go away or I'd ignore it or whatever. Day and a half in, I'm at a dead black screen after clicking Apply. Alright, stuff happens, reboot, go into it and see what might have done it. All settings are gone it seems. I change the blue compositing mode and suddenly the solid color from before Aero is back. ****. No problem, reboot. It's still there. Tweak some settings, try again, reboot, edit registry. Nope. Still there.

time to reinstall... without the tool :-(

You didn't specify so I assumed a workaround would be helpful. Either you can copy the file there or if you want it to be a little cleaner, select this text:

mklink /j C:\AeroGlass P:\AeroGlass
Ctrl+C

Start

Hold Shift+Ctrl, hit V then hit Enter

Edited by aphelion

• 3 months later...

I downloaded this on my desktop and accidentally messed up a setting. Now I can't log into my computer. I'm literally having to borrow my step grandfather's laptop for the month before i am officially screwed.  I can't afford a new computer and sadly mine has no backup disc and didnt come with an os disc.  Can someone please help me figure out how to undo it.  The computer I have it on is a Gateway SX series with Windows 8.1 on it.  Ever since I made that mistake it causes my computer screen to flash on and off 3 times and then sends me straight back to the login screen.  It doesn't give me enough time to clear the setting before it is back on the login screen.  Also, my computer is set to quick start which sadly disables the root boot menu.  Can someone please help me? I really need this problem fixed.  I can't afford a new os disc and I definitely can't afford a new computer.   I seriously need to get this problem fixed and fast.

Sincerely,
Darkwater409

Strange, there's nothing to set but I'll let the OP address that statement.  Can you boot into Safe Mode?   If so you could, start System Restore from there and go back to before you installed it perhaps?.

Edited by Ex_Brit

I downloaded this on my desktop and accidentally messed up a setting. Now I can't log into my computer. I'm literally having to borrow my step grandfather's laptop for the month before i am officially screwed.  I can't afford a new computer and sadly mine has no backup disc and didnt come with an os disc.  Can someone please help me figure out how to undo it.  The computer I have it on is a Gateway SX series with Windows 8.1 on it.  Ever since I made that mistake it causes my computer screen to flash on and off 3 times and then sends me straight back to the login screen.  It doesn't give me enough time to clear the setting before it is back on the login screen.  Also, my computer is set to quick start which sadly disables the root boot menu.  Can someone please help me? I really need this problem fixed.  I can't afford a new os disc and I definitely can't afford a new computer.   I seriously need to get this problem fixed and fast.

Sincerely,

Darkwater409

Try the following fixes for your Gateway SX ...

1. First get off the "quick start" feature by holding down on the function key "f1" or "f2" when starting computer to enter your bios reset back to your factory settings, save then reboot.

2. Use the built in 8.1 feature called "Automatic Repair" by holding down the "f8" key on bootup then choose > Options > Advanced Options > Startup   Repair

If startup repair does not work then do f8 again and choose "System Restore" and back date to when your system was running good.

3. Finally if all else fails and IF you still have the hidden gateway restore partition you can do the Alt-F10 and restore back to the shipped factory settings.

more info here => http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-53091-restore-to-factory-setting-with-a-gateway

Good Luck ~DP