Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Tihiy

OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

My brother didn't like it. How to revert back to old explorer of Windows10?

When I use it in 1903 the icons and image thumbnails are blank.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, JohnTravolski said:

I noticed something interesting using OldNewFile Explorer on Windows 10 1809 build 17763.134.  Whenever I have the Dark Theme turned on and put the Details Pane at the bottom of Explorer, I end up with this:

P3F2DLn.png

It may be hard to notice in the image, so here's a close up:

gCoR3bF.png

For some reason, the border to the Details Pane is brown.  This isn't particularly fitting with the rest of the theme.  Does anybody know why this is, or how to change to color to, say for example, a dark gray?

Here's what the border looks like without OldNewExplorer and the Dark Theme, for reference:

CgutYzK.png

Hi, @JohnTravolski I noticed the same behavior on 1903 build 18362.356 using dark theme. I fixed it by choosing "Flat white" in appearance style.

However it doesn't work for ALL folders. Strangely, in some folders (Documents, Downloads, Contacts) the details pane is white, which makes it un-readable... Did anyone experienced the same issue ?

A screenshot is visible here (my PC is in french) : https://imgur.com/a/1svE8ww

Edited by Philly Flingo

when i click https://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar it just gets me to a page with a lot of symbols, i assume it was supposed to start downloading but it just gets me to the folder on the website

Sometimes that can happen (but ok for me right now as just  tested), try saving the link, via right click.

In the text file which comes with OldNewExplorer it would be best if @Tihiy leave out his personal comments.  Whether or not you like dark mode @Tihiy is not relevant, and your included opinion is not necessary.

5 hours ago, Vladdddd said:

when i click https://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar it just gets me to a page with a lot of symbols, i assume it was supposed to start downloading but it just gets me to the folder on the website

You're probably trying to download it with Internet Explorer or Edge, which are sensitive to incorrectly set MIME type on the server where the file is hosted. Try using another browser.

I just realized this thread has over million views! :o

Thanks for the new 1.1.9 version.

Would be nice if these additional 16 pixel for DarkMode could be optional.

Edited by JFX

On 10/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, dhjohns said:

In the text file which comes with OldNewExplorer it would be best if @Tihiy leave out his personal comments.  Whether or not you like dark mode @Tihiy is not relevant, and your included opinion is not necessary.

His software, isn't it?

On 10/26/2019 at 9:02 AM, BlakByte said:

His software, isn't it?

Not the point.  Opinion in instructions lacks professionalism.