OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Hello guys,

I currently have the latest version on Windows 10 but something might be conflicting because every time that I restart, everything comes back to how it was, when I open the software the changes are there but if I click on any option it doesn't do any changes at all.

On 12/1/2016 at 4:00 PM, Madheisen said:

Hello guys,

I currently have the latest version on Windows 10 but something might be conflicting because every time that I restart, everything comes back to how it was, when I open the software the changes are there but if I click on any option it doesn't do any changes at all.

Could you please state what build you are using from the Windows Version window.  Type winver in the run dialog, and press OK.  Also, please state what changes you do.  The more specific you are the better we can help.

screenshot_1.png

32 minutes ago, fourty_four said:

Im new to all this, how come I cannot delete OldNewExplorer64.dll after uninstalling?

I assume that you've already restarted your PC. First of all, you could try to reinstall OldNewExplorer and uninstall it right away. If the problem persists open Task Manager, kill all explorer.exe processes, then trough Task Manager's menu bar navigate to File -> Run new task -> Browse. At the bottom of newly opened dialog change the option "Programs" to "All files". Navigate to OldNewExplorer's installation directory and try deleting the same .DLL file which got you stuck before.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, this message is for the developer:

Hi, and thank you so much for this app; I use the "Use classical drive grouping in This PC" option to separate the Hard Drives from the DVD-Rom & the old-skool iPod that I have. Love the way File Explorer looks. Yet times have been changing and now the section for "Hard Disk Drives" isn't completely correct.

I have 3 Drives total: 2 of them are Hard Disk Drives, yet the main one is a Solid State Drive  =þ       I upgraded that muther.

Do you think you can update the app to fix that little out-of-date bug?

Suggested Examples:

• Solid State and Hard Disk Drives

• Hard Disk and Solid State Drives

Also, do you think you can implement an optional setting for us to manually rename those sections if we want to? For example, I want to rename "Devices with Removable Storage" to "All The Other Devices"

Thank you bro

The Computer.png

I'm using OldNewExplorer on Windows 10 Pro (x64), everything I want to use is working fine except for the "Appearance Style" setting, I want to use Flat White, the issue is I open Explorer via media buttons on my keyboard 95% of the time which are mapped to batch files which for example look like this - %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\"
although the same thing can be replicated by using the Run feature in Windows and typing - explorer.exe C:

Now running that command will not apply the "Flat White" style (it applies the "Default Style") but it only seems to effect the "root" folder, so say I run the command - explorer.exe C:\Program Files\
that will apply the "Flat White" style. Same thing happens on my other drive letters too.

Any idea's how I can possibly get this working?
Thanks!

On 1/3/2017 at 0:52 AM, IIARROWS said:

The grouping and device type is all up to the operating system, OldNewExplorer has no control over it.

The device is an HDD for Windows, it doesn't matter the technology is built.

I see what you mean. It took me a while to understand that; I regrouped the items by Name/Total Size/etc.. and now understand what you mean by all that.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using this program more than a year since version 1.1.7 on windows 10 enterprise x64 and since the first day I have an annoying problem. And that is the details pane suddenly disappears until I restart explorer.exe from task manager. Even the most recent version (1.1.8.2) didn't fix the issue and it happens again. also after disappearing details pane, the hard drive grouping titles disappear too and just the numbers remain.

Screenshot.png

Edited by vr2008

That's the exact problem I'm having and it's never been fixed with any updates of ONE.  Been happening for over a year, with RTM/1511/1607 all the same.  Really annoying!

Plugging and unplugging removable drives seems to cause the grouping screwup for me, and I have to restart all Explorer instances to fix it.

OK, I went fully to Windows 10x64 Pro and then installed OldNewExplorer 1.1.8. After which I created two standard accounts but those settings set under the Admin account didn't translated to the other two users accounts. Is this limited to only the admin account? I can see the options to change on the standard account but they never take effect? So does this mean this program is limited to only the Admin account settings and other accounts doesn't change if one changes on the Admin account? The two standard accounts still look like the original Win10 explorer ribbon setting, I had thought any changes in Admin setting would also change for the two standard accounts for the Ribbon. So if I missed something would someone tell me or was this not something that was implemented for OldNewExplorer?

Edited by Transporter
revise

10 hours ago, drfsite said:

That's the exact problem I'm having and it's never been fixed with any updates of ONE.  Been happening for over a year, with RTM/1511/1607 all the same.  Really annoying!

Plugging and unplugging removable drives seems to cause the grouping screwup for me, and I have to restart all Explorer instances to fix it.

For me it happens even without connecting any removable drive. Just after a little browsing in folders, details pane suddenly disappears along with group titles.

Edited by vr2008

Here's what I did to get OldNewExplorer to set the features for the other standard accounts. I had to log off the admin and go log into each of the account and then go to the Admin account where the OldNewExplorer was saved to run it and enter the admin password and then close Explorer and open up again and then the changes would look like back to Windows 7 settings. This is what I did to see if the changes would work and so far they have I will check again later tonight at home to see that what settings were made stayed if so I will reimage and redo the settings and saved again to keep the Win7 Explorer settings instead of the Ribbon - which I think is a total waste of screen space now if that is in MS Office Suite I have no problem but explorer I want a clean and ready to use much less wasted Ribbon bloat.

In Windows 7 I have additional details when clicking on video files, but these don't show on Windows 10 with OldNewExplorer. Video Tracks, Audio Tracks, and Subtitle Tracks don't show in 10, everything else is the same. I thought maybe Shark007 Codecs was enabling this, but both PCs have the same build. Does anyone know if there is a registry tweak or config file to get those showing with OldNewExplorer?

Win7Details.thumb.jpg.b7b7f07a23f90ba6eda85710385e9d5d.jpg