OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Any plans for adding the option to increase/decrease the navigation pane in explorer?

I know Open-Shell supports this, but when used it kind scrunches up the navigation pane. In windows 10, the height is different than windows7/8

(the image with the thumbtacks is windows 10 while the one on the right with "skydrive, recent places" is windows 8 (for comparison)

image.png.e97a1ffcd1f574da6532aac129a42b7c.pngimage.png.201a669fd5f42ab6febb7780939e5a23.png

• 1 month later...

Hi. Would it be possible to publish the source code? Since it can change the navigation bar buttons, it could be put changing more than only those! With OldNewExplorer, I can have the Windows 7 buttons style without any custom MSStyles that might break (again) the computer! And that's amazing, so thank you already for that (I had to use ResourceHacker to change the buttons).

But could you please share the source? Would be very cool!

I think the comments were deleted, but I'll still comment them --> if you're seeing this, the developer has a warning mate ;-). You should have tried it in a virtual machine first or something.

image.png.ccd6f4da0862497fb25c49953870eeea.png

Doesn't even say Windows 10 there. We are lucky it works on it. Doesn't work on yours for some reason (works with me on an older build, at least), but no need to offend who warned you, unless you didn't read and that's on you, not the developer.... If it had broke my computer too, I'd get p***ed with ME for not having tested it first in a virtual machine. Not with the one who made this, which as a start gave a warning it might be dangerous...

• 1 month later...

I'm running Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 20H2 with ONE 1.1.9 and I don't know if this is a bug or just my system.

I have the option "Hide Up (go to parent folder) button" checked. This works perfectly in Windows File Explorer, that up-arrow is not visible. However, when I open an application, e.g Winrar and chooses to open or save a file which causes the Open/Save dialog to pop up, that arrow is suddenly visible.

If I then close the Open/Save dialog but keep Winrar running and opens the Open/Save dialog for a second time, the arrow is now gone. If I close Winrar and repeat the process from the beginning, the arrow is there yet again. For some reason it's being displayed only the first time you open the Open/Save dialog in an application, but not second time.

It's not the biggest issue in the world but I would like to fix it if I can. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OldNewExplorer is currently broken in the new Windows 11 Insider Preview now, the new OS removed the old ribbon and replaced with UWP-styled options.

However, there's a workaround below, but you can try that at ur own risk.

Edited by DungCS

10 hours ago, DungCS said:

OldNewExplorer is currently broken in the new Windows 11 Insider Preview now, the new OS removed the old ribbon and replaced with UWP-styled options.

Thank you! You just spared me of trying then xD. I'll just remain on 10 until 2029 then. After that I'll think a bit more. I was thinking in trying 11, but if too many tools I use to get 7's appearance on 11 stop working on it, I might remain on 10.

Edited by DADi590

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!!!: This tutorial is out of date, Using OldNewExplorer may cause problems, the new "StartAllBack" has full support for this feature.

UPDATE: There's a workaround to use OldNewExplorer on Windows 11.

UPDATE 2: This workaround may become outdated because the currently StartIsBack Beta (now called StartAllBack) for Windows 11 have some of its own option that works similar to OldNewExplorer

image.png.455ac2d10e6a32ab1c97c100a4bcd0af.png

Option 1: Use Winaero Tweaker

Step 1: Download and install Winaero Tweaker

Step 2: Open Winaero , then enable Ribbon in Winaero Tweaker.

Step 3: Close any Explorer window you opened and open it again to make sure a Windows 8/10 ribbons show, otherwise restart explorer/restart Windows

Step 4: Install OldNewExplorer and then do the same thing in Step 3 again.

Step 5: On the OldNewExplorer, its ur choice, enabling something whatever you want but do not enable command bar instead of Ribbon, it's currently buggy in Windows 11, even with compact view.

image.thumb.png.6eb676a4af64444b99da51a3223e273a.png

Done.

Option 2 (not tested): Use registry method

Follow all these step from this site but don't restart on Step 6 on this site (only restart explorer/windows if the ribbon didnt show)

after that, follow Step 4, and 5 on Option 1, Done.

Note: It's might be buggy (the UI may glitched out) if you navigate anywhere in Explorer (only if you enable command bar).

Untitled.jpg

This is the glitch that happen if you enable command bar and nagivate anywhere (ignore not responding)

image.thumb.png.97c7a493f8bebda8ab079d5e41dd393b.png

Edited by DungCS

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure if this is the place to go for support but I encountered an issue with oldnewexplorer on my windows 10 laptop. seems that when oldnewexploration is installed it breaks the ability to properly toggle Always Available Offline for network folders. can anyone confirm if they have issues managing offline network folders ? and if there is a workaround of fix so I can keep using this I had to actually uninstall in order to correct my network share configs

Edited by mike loeven

• 5 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 2:12 PM, donnje said:

Hi,

restore details pane at bottom doesn't work on W10 Home Vers. 22H2, any solution?

On Win10 Pro 22H2 this tweak works fine...

On 4/2/2023 at 1:12 PM, donnje said:

Hi,

restore details pane at bottom doesn't work on W10 Home Vers. 22H2, any solution?

Did you try to play with the Settings: appearance White/Silver_Grey for the bo 22:H2ttom shell? 
I agree with @CKyHC it runs like usual 22H2