OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

On 3/25/2020 at 9:20 PM, cubedj21 said:

seems rather like a problem with the custom theme you're using than a problem with OldNewExplorer - what theme is that? ;)

In case you didn't found as you got no answer , the theme used on Syahradzi screen is Niivu's one :

https://www.deviantart.com/niivu/art/Paranoid-Android-Windows-10-Themes-821696974

His " flat" themes are very recognizable though not my cup of tea ^^ 

On 5/19/2020 at 8:55 AM, MrGRiM said:

Hi Tihiy, been a long time, not sure if you are still interested in adding anything to this this project but was just wondering if it is possible to add an option to use the old explorer address bar size instead of the new ugly fat one introduced in the 1909 feature update?

Too bad, as for the other suggestions, we will probably not have an answer :P

Edited by bapt

On 5/19/2020 at 2:55 AM, MrGRiM said:

new ugly fat one introduced in the 1909 feature update?

It is only ugly if you think it is ugly, others may find it pleasing.

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, denny89 said:

after yesterday's update, windows 10 to version 2004 the program no longer works.               

does anyone have solutions? oh alternatives?

didn't have any problems with update 2004 (but I'm not using the default Windows theme) ... you can't see the UI changes made in the settings window or how exactly it doesn't work?...

now I can no longer apply the change.

photo_2020-06-22_18-01-37.thumb.jpg.8a30fc79e76c0a97cf71331795569687.jpg

13 minutes ago, cubedj21 said:

didn't have any problems with update 2004 (but I'm not using the default Windows theme) ... you can't see the UI changes made in the settings window or how exactly it doesn't work?...

now I can no longer apply the change.Cattura.thumb.PNG.4be901fa6159de68d744cc916051cb1e.PNG

5 hours ago, denny89 said:

now I can no longer apply the change.

and what is the custom theme you're using? It could be that the theme isn't compatible with the latest windows build not the OldNewExplorer since you're here first (I think..) with compatibility issues with that latest update ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 8:55 AM, MrGRiM said:

Hi Tihiy, been a long time, not sure if you are still interested in adding anything to this this project but was just wondering if it is possible to add an option to use the old explorer address bar size instead of the new ugly fat one introduced in the 1909 feature update?

Is it true that it's no longer possible to restore the classic address/search bar in Win10 2004 with mach2 tool?

Edited by UCyborg

I noticed that even after uninstalling OldNewExplorer, the program retains all info about your settings, so that means the program doesn't remove some keys from the registry. Does anyone know which are those keys?

Also, are you forced to have OldNewExplorer64.dll stored somewhere on PC?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, xyaz said:

The file is no longer available. Would you please update the link

This was almost 3 years ago.  I don't even remember what it is, and it certainly applies to an out-of-date version of Windows 10 so it is totally irrelevant.

18 hours ago, dhjohns said:

This was almost 3 years ago.  I don't even remember what it is, and it certainly applies to an out-of-date version of Windows 10 so it is totally irrelevant.

yep can confirm that last compatible theme by gsw953onDA was Win10 RS5.. you have to make a few fixes to make it work on the latest build of Windows, but its worth the effort - his themes are (or were) really one of the best... sadly, his profile on deviantart was deleted recently... if you'll lucky you might be able to rescue some of those themes from Web Archive

Edited by cubedj21

8 hours ago, dhjohns said:

That is a patch that fixes the bug of Windows explorer, which microsoft did't fix it until 1909. Since I will stick with 1903, I really need this patch :)

It gets rid of some extra spacing they added in the file view back then I think.

I didn't have the problem with that since I set QTTabBar to use old view control. Or you can use Folder Options X.

MS couldn't leave it alone neither, they broke its biggest feature at some point - the ability to arrange files and folders in any order you like, it's not remembered anymore.