OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. This is a wonderful piece of software, saved me a lot of BS. But there is just one little problem. I'm in HiDPI mode and if I use alternative navigation buttons they come out tiny

Apparently, they don't scale up to the rest of the elements. Is there any way to fix this?

• 1 month later...

Hi, so far, OldNewExplorer works great. I can't figure out how to use custom buttons though.

My file explorer navigation buttons look like this right now:

Untitled.png.befffc0c32e5c19ac815108a0694db4e.png

I really want them to look more like this:

navbuttons.png.74bdf1d4da2d1b35a89cc44e7d28c7dc.png

I have the .bmp files for the nav buttons I want, but how do I use them?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 6:10 PM, Philly Flingo said:

Hi, @JohnTravolski I noticed the same behavior on 1903 build 18362.356 using dark theme. I fixed it by choosing "Flat white" in appearance style.

However it doesn't work for ALL folders. Strangely, in some folders (Documents, Downloads, Contacts) the details pane is white, which makes it un-readable... Did anyone experienced the same issue ?

A screenshot is visible here (my PC is in french) : https://imgur.com/a/1svE8ww

I have the same issue: the detail panel is white for Documents, Downloads and Contact, making the details unreadable.

I thought it would be fixed in 1.1.9 (I had 1.18.4 previously), but the issue is still there. As anyone found a fix ?

thanks!

O8kYPGo.jpg

I had a bug in the program. I have Windows 10, version 1909. I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2020, I wanted to add the program to the exceptions, clicked on "Browse", and Kaspersky freezes. After uninstalling OldNewExplorer 1.1.9, everything worked. I’m not sitting here on the forum. Use email ministr94@gmail.com

Edited by Ivan111

On 3/24/2020 at 6:19 PM, syahradzi said:

Hi.. anyone know how to fix this status bar on win10 1909? already tried gray and standard, still the same.

seems rather like a problem with the custom theme you're using than a problem with OldNewExplorer - what theme is that? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using this on my work computer and explorer has been crashing, so I decided to try and uninstall, but I can't. I click uninstall and I approve the windows prompts but it remains installed on my machine. Any ideas on how to remove? 

With the 2004, ONE does not display the libraries directly when the option is activated, you have to go to the left pane (in explorer) right click and activated the option "Display the libraries"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tihiy, been a long time, not sure if you are still interested in adding anything to this this project but was just wondering if it is possible to add an option to use the old explorer address bar size instead of the new ugly fat one introduced in the 1909 feature update?

46 minutes ago, MrGRiM said:

Hi Tihiy, been a long time, not sure if you are still interested in adding anything to this this project but was just wondering if it is possible to add an option to use the old explorer address bar size instead of the new ugly fat one introduced in the 1909 feature update?

Very good idea, if he could do it

yes . 

What's funny is how MS decided to make search box in file explorer using modernsearchbox class and windows search and keep the same time legacy search box when using control panel . 

Another inconsistency though I really don't like the new search since windows 1909 feature. 

I get that it's maybe more touchscreen / tablet friendly, but I think UI changes related to using Windows like this shouldn't be forced upon you globally or it should be optional setting at least...

Edited by cubedj21