OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

On 12/17/2018 at 5:39 PM, yash.chauhan said:

This is one of the best thing i came to know of replacing a dll resource without creating havoc or welcoming a disaster!

This truly worked and it even allowed to replace bitmap for the navigation pane! (still ONE is useful if using theme like windows 7, which has different navigation pane bg).@MrGRiM

How did you change the up (go to parent folder) button icon? Please tell step by step.

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/19/2018 at 9:26 PM, dhjohns said:

I made a fix for you.  It hides, but will appear on mouseover.  Anyway, I have two files one for aero, and another for 3rd party themes build 1709.  Just replace in your respective themes folder, using aero as an example: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\shell\normalcolor.  Then restart or logout to apply.  I edited the extensions to show which was which so change back to .dll!

ShellStyle.rar

Finally, I was able to suppress CommandBar from a clean installation of 1809 update. Better than this only if the search bar could be integrated to the address bar (as in web browsers), and it to the title bar saving vertical space. ;)

There's only one problem now: OldNewExplorer brings back the Windows 7 menu bar, which is very good for who hates the ribbon. But the CopyToFolder and MoveToFolder options in the menu of the toolbar send selected files directly to the user root folder, with no choice of the destination.

• 1 month later...

First of all, thanks for your work. I can't get it to work completely though. In the image you can see how the ribbon stays when disabled, although reduced in size. Is there a way to get rid of it completely? I assume so, most people here managed to do so apparently, so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Haliax
Fixed it myself

• 1 month later...

I love the W7 details pane at the bottom. It's why I use ONE. I had a problem where it would not engage on W10 Enterprise x64 1809 build, clean install. Creating a new admin user, it would work, but not on the main admin user. The explorer window would just blink if I engaged "detail pane at the bottom". I ended up fixing it by using group policy.

gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer > Explorer Frame Pane > Turn on or off details pane

I enabled that policy, opened a new explorer window, and ONE was working. I changed the policy back to "not configured", and ONE was still able to keep working. I guess changing the policy kick-started explorer to work properly LOL.

Edited by sorewinner

On 12/22/2018 at 12:20 PM, Stefani2983 said:

In Dark mode, glass on navbar option is invalid.

Are there any solutions for this problem?

Screenshot (32).png

Hi, I'm having the same "issue" with the black theme of windows.
Are there any news about this?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.4cd6997a1742e658f90ea26e10ad6830.png

I want to hide the Ribbon, i have restarted my system but it doesnt disappear.

I think i have done something wrong here, but im not sure what. (Maybe i have to drop the files of OldNewExplorer somewhere else?)

A little assistance would be nice!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 7:12 PM, SorryForMyEN said:

Finally, I was able to suppress CommandBar from a clean installation of 1809 update. Better than this only if the search bar could be integrated to the address bar (as in web browsers), and it to the title bar saving vertical space. ;)

There's only one problem now: OldNewExplorer brings back the Windows 7 menu bar, which is very good for who hates the ribbon. But the CopyToFolder and MoveToFolder options in the menu of the toolbar send selected files directly to the user root folder, with no choice of the destination.

Hi, how did you hide CommandBar? I have Windows 10 1809 version. I've edited shellstyle.dll from C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\shell\normalcolor, but nothing changed. And there is no shellstyle.dll in windows/system32 folder

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, pesokab@simpleemail.info said:

Hi, how did you hide CommandBar? I have Windows 10 1809 version. I've edited shellstyle.dll from C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\shell\normalcolor, but nothing changed. And there is no shellstyle.dll in windows/system32 folder

What you did wrong is to try edit aero shellstyle itself.

Get a custom theme compatible for your system ( 1809 ) then edit from the shellstyle file in C:\windows\resources\themes\ folder where is located your custom theme . You ave to patch your system files with ultrauxtheme patcher before. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 2:21 PM, innuendo33 said:

What you did wrong is to try edit aero shellstyle itself.

Get a custom theme compatible for your system ( 1809 ) then edit from the shellstyle file in C:\windows\resources\themes\ folder where is located your custom theme . You ave to patch your system files with ultrauxtheme patcher before. 

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried dif custom themes, but result is no changes. Most likely the problem is with the windows version

5 hours ago, pesokab@simpleemail.info said:

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried dif custom themes, but result is no changes. Most likely the problem is with the windows version

hum .. in every visual style you have a shellstyle.dll file located in C:\windows\resources\Custom theme name\ shell\Normalcolor and this is the one you have to work with . Google visual styles or go to virtualscustoms.net to figure how things must being done . 

Edited by innuendo33

On 6/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, pesokab@simpleemail.info said:

Thanks for the reply.

try some themes from Greg (gsw953onDA / Deviantart) his UIFILES from shellstyle.dll's are a good starting point ;)

• 1 month later...