OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Hi! Just want to say it really is a great tool. Never knew I don't need ribbon that much. But I have some problem in case anyone might know how to fix this.

---Edit2: Turn out it's the custom theme setting at fault. The program work wonders though.

---Edit: I should be more thorough lol. I just check the videos description for the article linked and there is registry hack to use to solve this issue and it works great!

Any idea how to remove persistent details pane even though the option on O-N-E uncheck. Apparently it's somehow Anniversary update build only affected and there is a video on how to fix this, but it involved editing some option on Group policy. Unfortunately I'm using Windows Home version which does not have access to Group Policy, and some registry hack enabling it which successfully does nothing at all. So yeah, is there any registry fix or other tools to help fix this problem.

My setup:

Windows 10 Build 1607 Anniversary Update X64

OldNewExplorer version 1.1.8.4

Screenshot (2)_crop.jpg

Edited by EonE

On 12/10/2017 at 2:17 PM, bapt said:

@Tihiy Resource 40960, it would appear that this line

ExplorerFrame.dll > 40960 > Line 122 to 126 :

Thanks

Hi

can you modify this for  build 16299.19?

old version dont work in this build

16299.192 ExplorerFrame.dll link

https://mega.nz/#!AVdSzJaL!YlU6gnrZN8GuQnLntbua6RyH8ZDYyN2koYx9inluwKg

Thanks

2 hours ago, SorryForMyEN said:

It works beautifully to kill the ribbon, but I'd also like to kill the command bar.

I made a fix for you.  It hides, but will appear on mouseover.  Anyway, I have two files one for aero, and another for 3rd party themes build 1709.  Just replace in your respective themes folder, using aero as an example: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\shell\normalcolor.  Then restart or logout to apply.  I edited the extensions to show which was which so change back to .dll!

ShellStyle.rar

screenshot_4.png

Edited by dhjohns

On 1/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, EonE said:

Unfortunately I'm using Windows Home version which does not have access to Group Policy, and some registry hack enabling it which successfully does nothing at all. So yeah, is there any registry fix or other tools to help fix this problem.

This file works.

GpeditEnablerforHomeEdition.rar

13 hours ago, dhjohns said:

I made a fix for you.  It hides, but will appear on mouseover.  Anyway, I have two files one for aero, and another for 3rd party themes build 1709.  Just replace in your respective themes folder, using aero as an example: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\shell\normalcolor.  Then restart or logout to apply.  I edited the extensions to show which was which so change back to .dll!

ShellStyle.rar

( ... )

Thanks, friend... but this didn't work for me (W10 v1709 c16299.192). I have no third party themes, so I replaced aero .dll, rebooted, but the command bar is still there, with or without hovering :(

Edited by SorryForMyEN

2 hours ago, SorryForMyEN said:

Thanks, friend... but this didn't work for me (W10 v1709 c16299.192). I have no third party themes, so I replaced aero .dll, rebooted, but the command bar is still there, with or without hovering :(

I think you may not have actually replaced it.  Did you rename the file from dll.aero to dll, and rename the original to dll.bak?  It involves some work with permissions.  I just replaced mine, and it IS working.  Same OS as yours.

screenshot_9.png

Edited by dhjohns

20 hours ago, dhjohns said:

Eu acho que você não pode realmente ter o substituiu. Será que quis mudar o nome do arquivo a partir de dll.aero a dll, e renomear o original para dll.bak? Trata-se de algum trabalho com permissões. Acabei de substituir o meu, e ele está trabalhando. Mesmo OS como o seu.

( ... )

Yes, I had to take ownership of the file from TrustedInstaller to perform the renaming, which looks like this:

normalcolor.thumb.png.57f1eb54b92adf9276961b85b7dc0ff6.png

How are your preferences for OldNewExplorer? Mine are like this ...

olnewexplorer.png.03cad4091a5a903398d4bb05664971fe.png

Edited by SorryForMyEN

Very strange! I remember that I could kill CommandBar in Win7 using the taught technique of this link:

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-make-folder-band-auto-hidden-in-windows-vista/

I opened your dll in ResourceHacker and saw that it is the same strategy, only that its replaces the dll in Windows/Resources and that of Seven replaces the dll in Windows/System32. I tried the latter, with reboot of the pc, but the result was null, with an unexpected side effect: ResourceHacker shows the changed dll without the lines of code to subtract the CommandBar, no matter how many times I edit, I appropriate and make the substitution of the dll. It's as if the system literally ignores anything edited in this System32 dll.

14 minutes ago, SorryForMyEN said:

Very strange! I remember that I could kill CommandBar in Win7 using the taught technique of this link:

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-make-folder-band-auto-hidden-in-windows-vista/

I opened your dll in ResourceHacker and saw that it is the same strategy, only that its replaces the dll in Windows/Resources and that of Seven replaces the dll in Windows/System32. I tried the latter, with reboot of the pc, but the result was null, with an unexpected side effect: ResourceHacker shows the changed dll without the lines of code to subtract the CommandBar, no matter how many times I edit, I appropriate and make the substitution of the dll. It's as if the system literally ignores anything edited in this System32 dll.

Did you try to refresh resource cache?