OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Version 1.1.8.5 resolves the issue.

3 hours ago, Dblake1 said:

Nightlies are unstable/have incompatibilities that a non-beta software wouldn't.

In this case we have a mix of two, Win10 and Process Hacker. Take just one out of the equation and the bug doesn't occur. Whatever the cause. something was invoked in OldNewExplorer which it was unable to handle.

23 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Version 1.1.8.5 resolves the issue.

In this case we have a mix of two, Win10 and Process Hacker. Take just one out of the equation and the bug doesn't occur. Whatever the cause. something was invoked in OldNewExplorer which it was unable to handle.

With the link, I have 1.1.8.4 ?!

Thanks

I'm using OldNewExplorer with this Windows 10 SkinPack: https://skinpacks.com/download/windows-7/jarvis-skinpack/

The file explorer becomes orange when OldNewExplorer is installed though. It should be dark blue, is there any way to fix this?

Capture.thumb.PNG.b5f03a4499c18577b0a8f0fbf52430eb.PNG

Edited by austin6598

54 minutes ago, austin6598 said:

I'm using OldNewExplorer with this Windows 10 SkinPack: https://skinpacks.com/download/windows-7/jarvis-skinpack/

The file explorer becomes orange when OldNewExplorer is installed though. It should be dark blue, is there any way to fix this?

Capture.thumb.PNG.b5f03a4499c18577b0a8f0fbf52430eb.PNG

You should try Classic Color Panel and see if it shows orange by the the "window" button.  And change it to whatever you like. 

https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel

Edited by doctorwizz

On 8/17/2017 at 9:43 PM, doctorwizz said:

You should try Classic Color Panel and see if it shows orange by the the "window" button.  And change it to whatever you like. 

https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel

It does not show up orange, and neither do any of the other options.

On 8/17/2017 at 10:38 PM, doctorwizz said:

I installed that theme on win 10 1703 1503.540 and it works normally with ONE. I had to use a different ux theme patcher 3.2.2from https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en

I don't think the patcher that came with it worked.

xE4t3Kh.png

Yes the included patcher is outdated, I have the same one installed as you linked. Classic Shell may be canceling out the orange affect of OldNewExplorer though as I see in your screenshot.

11 hours ago, austin6598 said:

It does not show up orange, and neither do any of the other options.

Yes the included patcher is outdated, I have the same one installed as you linked. Classic Shell may be canceling out the orange affect of OldNewExplorer though as I see in your screenshot.

I uninstalled Classic Shell and rebooted. I still don't get any orange. Love the theme!

Here is the log from DbgView.exe directly after installing version 1.1.8.5 with all options unchecked: 

[11120] onecoreuap\inetcore\urlmon\zones\zoneidentifier.cxx(359)\urlmon.dll!7190F1B0: (caller: 7190EF78) ReturnHr(1) tid(91c) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. 
[13096] onecoreuap\shell\lib\bindctx.cpp(128)\explorerframe.dll!00007FFA6853377F: (caller: 00007FFA6850AA6F) ReturnHr(30) tid(3b74) 80070057 The parameter is incorrect. 
[9060] onecore\ds\security\umstartup\usermgr\cli\usermgrcli.cxx(149)\usermgrcli.dll!00007FFA6AA5EA30: (caller: 00007FFA6AA5EA30) ReturnHr(115) tid(43bc) 80070005 Access is denied. 
[9060] onecoreuap\base\appmodel\execmodel\modern\lifetimemanager\appxexecutionutil.cpp(74)\modernexecserver.dll!00007FFA6AA5EAE7: (caller: 00007FFA6AA37A5F) ReturnHr(138) tid(43bc) 80070005 Access is denied. 
[9060] onecore\ds\security\umstartup\usermgr\cli\usermgrcli.cxx(149)\usermgrcli.dll!00007FFA6AA5EA30: (caller: 00007FFA6AA5EA30) ReturnHr(116) tid(43bc) 80070005 Access is denied. 
[9060] onecoreuap\base\appmodel\execmodel\modern\lifetimemanager\appxexecutionutil.cpp(74)\modernexecserver.dll!00007FFA6AA5EAE7: (caller: 00007FFA6AA37A5F) ReturnHr(139) tid(43bc) 80070005 Access is denied. 

I've similar problem with third party themes and ONE 1.1.8.5, in my case explorer window is black. No icons and text is also black. Funny thing, I've other theme from same author and this one is working perfect fine.

After uninstalling ONE Theme works fine. I'm patched with latest UltraUXThemePatcher.

soft.png

These problem, looks like you guy using old version of shellstyle.dll with Creators Update.
Not all old themes are fully working with newer windows. Post same version infos!

IMHO, shellstyle.dll have nothing to do with this problem, since when I uninstall OldNewExplorer then everything works perfect fine. So, in my guess there is some problem with addressing some classes from mssytle. But I'm not 100% sure. Both themes which I use are build for anniversary update but not for CU, but one is OK other not.

18 hours ago, Semtex said:

IMHO, shellstyle.dll have nothing to do with this problem, since when I uninstall OldNewExplorer then everything works perfect fine. So, in my guess there is some problem with addressing some classes from mssytle. But I'm not 100% sure. Both themes which I use are build for anniversary update but not for CU, but one is OK other not.

It will be the shellstyle.dll from the theme you are using, ONE can use custom UI files inserted in the shellstyle.dll for a wide range of customizations, if the theme was not updated for the version Windows you are on then it will have problems with ONE, ask the author to update the shellstyle.dll for the theme or grab a shellstyle.dll from another theme that does work.