OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

57 minutes ago, PaintPauller said:

After windows 10 anniversary update the option to show details pane on the bottom does not work.

using OldNewExplorer 1.1.8.2

You can temporarily use my solution from here to achieve the same effect.

8 hours ago, 2635599 said:

this information is incorrect. i just checked my version and it is 1.1.8.2 and i have the details pane on the bottom like i always do

Details Pane On Bottom.png

Winver.png

interesting well I am unable to get it to work =(

out of curiosity what theme are you using? I really like it!

explorer.png

For those who wants silent ( unattended ) installation of OldNewExplorer. I found a way to do so, as below.

1st, import following registry ( change values as per your need ).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tihiy\OldNewExplorer]
"NoRibbon"=dword:00000001
"NoCaption"=dword:00000001
"NoIcon"=dword:00000000
"NoUpButton"=dword:00000001
"NavBarGlass"=dword:00000001
"IEButtons"=dword:00000000

2nd, register the OldNewExplorer32.dll OR OldNewExplorer64.dll ( depending on your OS ).

example,

cmd /c regsvr32 /s %systemdrive%\OldNewExplorer118\OldNewExplorer32.dll

Above command might not work because it required elevated privilage. So there is a little tool which can do it.

http://code.kliu.org/misc/elevate

And example with above tool is below.

elevate -c regsvr32 /s %systemdrive%\OldNewExplorer118\OldNewExplorer32.dll

Done!:cool:

I really want the details pane on the bottom again.  That stupid anniversary update screwed up way too much of my Windows modifications.  No 7+Taskbar Tweaker, no OldNewExplorer, fast boot got enabled again, and plenty of other registry edits changed.  I don't know how I can continue to use and get used to custom modification software like this when there's the constant risk of Microsoft screwing it up permanently.  I hate it.

Anyway, is there an easy way to get the details pane on the bottom again?  I saw one solution posted here but apparently it didn't work for a lot of people and I'm not sure I want to go that far without any assurance of success.

4 minutes ago, JohnTravolski said:

I really want the details pane on the bottom again.  That stupid anniversary update screwed up way too much of my Windows modifications.  No 7+Taskbar Tweaker, no OldNewExplorer, fast boot got enabled again, and plenty of other registry edits changed.  I don't know how I can continue to use and get used to custom modification software like this when there's the constant risk of Microsoft screwing it up permanently.  I hate it.

Anyway, is there an easy way to get the details pane on the bottom again?  I saw one solution posted here but apparently it didn't work for a lot of people and I'm not sure I want to go that far without any assurance of success.

screenshot_129.png

1 hour ago, JohnTravolski said:

I used this tool:

http://prntscr.com/c756vn

And even after restarting File Explorer and the whole laptop, the details pane is still on the right side of the screen after the Anniversary update.  I'm not sure if version 1.1.8 will make any difference, but I highly doubt it.

Where have you got it installed, I put the folder in the root directory C:\OldNewExplorer if you have put it on your desktop then it wont work.

Also note that the latest version is 1.1.8.2 in your screen shot you are using a much older version 1.1.7

THE OLDNEWEXPLORER FOR WINDOWS 8.1 / WINDOWS 8 (X86/X64)

Installation:
---------------
Extract files into directory which all users can access.
Run OldNewExplorerCfg.exe, click Install

Version History
---------------
v1.1.8.2 26.07.2016
* Fix possible crash on process exit

v1.1.8.1 21.07.2016
* Support for build 14393

v1.1.8 03.04.2016
* Support for build 14295

v1.1.7.1 13.09.2015
* Fixed rare crash

v1.1.7 09.08.2015
* Fixed crashes

v1.1.6 03.08.2015
* Fixed deadlocking

v1.1.5.1 19.04.2015
* Fix for Windows 10 build 10049+

Edited by MrGRiM

2 minutes ago, JohnTravolski said:

E:\4) Installation Files\9) Desktop Customization\OldNewExplorer

I have mine in \Program Files (x86)\  I have NEVER had any issues with the detail pane.  Perhaps you should try there.

28 minutes ago, JohnTravolski said:

E:\4) Installation Files\9) Desktop Customization\OldNewExplorer

Uninstall the version you have and do a restart then update to the latest build, it will not work on RS1, Tihiy already updated it to 1.1.8 and that was the first version to support RS1, it was broken on all RS1 builds until he gave us this update, the latest version is 1.1.8.2 and that is the build you should using, that is your problem and your only problem, stop wasting everyone's time and at least try to fix it with the information you have been given.

6 hours ago, 2635599 said:

good day everyone i have an odd one. i cannot get rid of the details pane. gsw953 created a a new version of his meld theme and i wanted to test it without the detail pane, so i launched ONE unticked show detail pane on bottom and reinstalled, closed all open windows and repoened and detail pane is still there. i went to tenforums and got a reg file to hide it and no luck. i even tried a logoff and no luck. hoping someone here has a suggestion/fix.

CantGetRidOfDetailsPane.png

Have you deleted the DLL's from the old installation?(OldNewExplorer) they tend to get stuck to explorer... i used Unlocker to delete them

Edited by sick13

20 minutes ago, 2635599 said:

not the theme go check gsw953's new meld theme which i'm currently running and you will see the details pane is off. 

Well then I have no clue.  I like the details pane anyway.

19 minutes ago, 2635599 said:

not the theme go check gsw953's new meld theme which i'm currently running and you will see the details pane is off. 

You could try opening Organize in explorer > Layout and uncheck details pane.