OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

14 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Sorry guys. Fixed that.

Hey,

I had high hopes that 1.1.8 would fix the random crashing problem I had with 1.1.7 but it appears that is not the case. :(

Any ideas? Changing Explorer to "launch folder windows in separate processes" didn't help.

To help identify the problem more, it seems to happen particularly when I connect/disconnect drives.  Whether that's putting a SD card in my SD reader (which is always connected, just doesn't always have a card in it) or plugging in a USB drive.  Basically when the Windows drive letters change, Explorer goes nuts and forgets its customizations.  See my earlier post for screenshots.

58 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

Slightly fixed version is on (should fix some crashes).

Do those crashes include the one I'm talking about?  Would be really nice to see that fixed...

13 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Slightly fixed version is on (should fix some crashes).

Thanks for the update, I have a new feature request that relates to Windows 10, in  explorer the "new" Quick Access formerly Favourites has those grey pin icons on the right side, they don't seem to serve any purpose other then looking ugly and taking up unnecessary space, is there a possibility of removing that at all or maybe a way to return to the old favourites menu instead?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, amit_talkin said:

I can't see command bar when I check "Use command bar instead of ribbon".

It may be that this is caused by the visual style you're using, try choosing the default one.

13 hours ago, MDJ said:

It may be that this is caused by the visual style you're using, try choosing the default one.

Thanks for pointing that out. It was indeed the theme which didn't support it. Works fine with stock theme and other themes which support it.

Hi All,

I've installed the last version 1.1.8 as for the first time - Win10x64. At some point my Quick Access list has disappeared, like after a few minutes. So I've started adding new pins and it suddenly showed up. But now for instance I can't change the position of those pins - it disappears again. So every time I try to move the pin up or down it disappears and I have to add a new pin so that I can see again the whole list.

Reinstalling did not help.

Do what I did was I deleted the file responsible for the QA list, here: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations, and now it works fine again.

But be aware, there is a bug regarding the QA list.

Edited by Matys
additional info