OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a feature request for ONE, Is it possible to have the Windows 7 style caption buttons in explorer, this mostly relates to Windows 10 with the stupidly large caption buttons, not actually bothered about the style so much, just the size of the buttons, sorry if I have been asking a bit much lately, I am on the verge of using Windows 10, there are just a few things that I know only you can help me with, thanks heaps mate :)

I have a feature request for ONE, Is it possible to have the Windows 7 style caption buttons in explorer, this mostly relates to Windows 10 with the stupidly large caption buttons, not actually bothered about the style so much, just the size of the buttons, sorry if I have been asking a bit much lately, I am on the verge of using Windows 10, there are just a few things that I know only you can help me with, thanks heaps mate :)

If you mean the close, minimize, and send to taskbar buttons on the top right corner of the window, if you use bigmuscle's aeroglass with themes, you can add CaptionSize=12 or another number to the png.layout file to adjust the size of these buttons.

If you mean the close, minimize, and send to taskbar buttons on the top right corner of the window, if you use bigmuscle's aeroglass with themes, you can add CaptionSize=12 or another number to the png.layout file to adjust the size of these buttons.

This is already known. How to resize only minimize and restore buttons and keep close button bigger than the rest like in Windows 7?

Edited by MDJ

We've recently seen Tihiy bringing back customizable taskbar to Windows 10 with latest StartIsBack version. Does anyone know what tool can bring fully customizable context menus back too?

Edited by MDJ

We've recently seen Tihiy bringing back customizable taskbar to Windows 10 with latest StartIsBack version. Does anyone know what tool can bring fully customizable context menus back too?

Nope but I wish there was, I dislike these immersive context menus, they have no reason to exist.

Nope but I wish there was, I dislike these immersive context menus, they have no reason to exist.

They are especially bothersome on the jumplists. On Windows 7 and 8.1 I was able to pin up to 60 items. Now I can't pin more than 11, and the ridiculous vertical spacing makes it take up much more height. I wish there was a way to get the old GDI jumplists back. I have had to resort to putting multiple toolbars on the taskbar and dragging shortcuts to text files on it because I can no longer pin all the text files I want to Notepad's jumplist. 

Everyone who agrees please upvote: Windows-Feedback:?contextid=215&feedbackid=5cd8e6f1-0be7-4429-8f1a-7b4c591bce5d&form=1&src=2

Edited by Rfire

There is a way to disable immersive menus for File explorer:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures]

"ImmersiveContextMenu" = (REG_DWORD) 0

I may be a little dense this morning, but what EXACTLY are these immersive menus?

There is a way to disable immersive menus for File explorer:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures]

"ImmersiveContextMenu" = (REG_DWORD) 0

Thanks Tihiy, I have attached the reg files to make it easier, is there any way to do the same for the Taskbar?

Disable Immersive Context Menu.reg

Enable Immersive Context Menu.reg