OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Which is kinda' strange as most of the screenshots that use ONE had the menu bar hidden. Even if I applied a custom theme that had screenshots showing Explorer with ONE enabled, the "File, Edit..." menu's still there.

Also, to further elaborate on things, this one, which appears to be from a clean Windows 10 installation, didn't have the aforementioned menu present unless if a user presses Alt:

one.png

But in my case I get this even on a default theme, and without any hacks/tweaks enabled:

OYlZDeO.png

Edited by huckleberrypie

Which is kinda' strange as most of the screenshots that use ONE had the menu bar hidden. Even if I applied a custom theme that had screenshots showing Explorer with ONE enabled, the "File, Edit..." menu's still there.

Also, to further elaborate on things, this one, which appears to be from a clean Windows 10 installation, didn't have the aforementioned menu present unless if a user presses Alt:

one.png

But in my case I get this even on a default theme, and without any hacks/tweaks enabled:

OYlZDeO.png

So you mean the menu bar, if you want to remove the menu bar click on Organize in the command bar, then uncheck menu bar in the Layout options.

Alternatively Uncheck always show menus in the folder options.

one.png

OYlZDeO.png

So you mean the menu bar, if you want to remove the menu bar click on Organize in the command bar, then uncheck menu bar in the Layout options.

Alternatively Uncheck always show menus in the folder options.

Hmm, tried unticking that to no avail. Not sure what's going on around here apart from the fact that I upgraded from Windows 7.

I'm using OldNewExplorer to (re)nable glass on navigation bar and to fix caption text in titlebar but I want to hide/disable command bar as I prefer Classic Shell toolbar. It's possible? (On win7-win10TP I used a dll hack, but I'd prefer to hook, expecially as the hack will be broken by windows update XD)

Edited by Hadden

I also have the problem, not being able to rename any folders since using ONE some time ago (was v1.1.5), no matter if I disable "Use libraries; hide folders from This PC", uninstall the shell extension, update to the latest version - it won't work again.

The only folders I seem to be able to rename are some automatically created folders like "<userprofile>\Pictures\Camera Roll" and "<userprofile>\Videos\Captures"

I share the same issue with version 1.1.7. I had it with 1.1.6, too, but there uninstalling ONE fixed it back then. When I then tried to install 1.1.7 again it did not hide the library folders as it was supposed to. After some searching I found a registry script that changed the values of the neccessary keys and everything was fine. After the latest Windows Update yesterday however it does not work anymore and I cannot get it to work again. I uninstalled ONE, I used a registry script from the same source as the first that was supposed to restore the library (which it did) but no amount of Explorer-restarting, ONE reinstalling or rebooting fixed it so far. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Alright, fixed it: Had to manually delete the following reg keys and then it worked again :)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explore r\Desktop\NameSpace\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}

Edited by CarrasV

I'm experiencing a weird issue with this tool. I had originally downloaded it, extracted the files to my downloads directory, ran the exe and only enabled the "show details pane on the bottom" option. Opening a new Explorer window had the details pane at the bottom just like it should. Then I found that I couldn't remove the folder because the dll in the directory were being accessed, so I uninstalled the shell extension, moved the entire directory to a new location, re-installed the shell extension, but now the details pane isn't showing up at the bottom. Moving everything back to the original location doesn't allow me to get the details pane back at the bottom again. I can enable everything else under the Appearance section and it works correctly, so I'm not sure what I need to do in order to resolve the issue.

I'm experiencing a weird issue with this tool. I had originally downloaded it, extracted the files to my downloads directory, ran the exe and only enabled the "show details pane on the bottom" option. Opening a new Explorer window had the details pane at the bottom just like it should. Then I found that I couldn't remove the folder because the dll in the directory were being accessed, so I uninstalled the shell extension, moved the entire directory to a new location, re-installed the shell extension, but now the details pane isn't showing up at the bottom. Moving everything back to the original location doesn't allow me to get the details pane back at the bottom again. I can enable everything else under the Appearance section and it works correctly, so I'm not sure what I need to do in order to resolve the issue.

Try unistalling, restart PC then reinstall. Also, you can't move, delete nor edit any file that's currently being used..

Hi first post. Used this on Windows 8.1 for the brief time I had it and have been using it with Windows 10, it's brilliant and easy to install.

My only gripe is it often just stops working. I have the details pane on the bottom and set it up to show the thumbnail preview as per Windows 7, but often i'll find the back buttons disappear in the top left corner and the details pane turns off. In order to correct it I have to restart explorer via the Task Manager.

This happened to me all through 8.1 and 10 so far and i'm not sure why. I have installed it in conjunction with Classic Explorer, is that causing a conflict? I tend to keep at least three of my HDD's open moving data around, and after half hour or so it'll just bug out and force me to restart to get the details pane back.

Attention forum members, the reason it sometimes stops working is because at times, explorer.exe hiccups and the process stops for a brief moment then restarts again. ONE isn't a part of Windows so Windows essentially doesn't recognize ONE as a part of Windows; therefore, reintegrating ONE settings isn't a priority. With that, ONE is never installed in the traditional since you're thinking of. I'm guessing it's designed to not be so intrusive just in case SHTF. When ONE seems to stop working, usually a simple uninstall, PC reboot, reinstall & one more PC reboot usually does the trick.

Hi first post. Used this on Windows 8.1 for the brief time I had it and have been using it with Windows 10, it's brilliant and easy to install.

My only gripe is it often just stops working. I have the details pane on the bottom and set it up to show the thumbnail preview as per Windows 7, but often i'll find the back buttons disappear in the top left corner and the details pane turns off. In order to correct it I have to restart explorer via the Task Manager.

This happened to me all through 8.1 and 10 so far and i'm not sure why. I have installed it in conjunction with Classic Explorer, is that causing a conflict? I tend to keep at least three of my HDD's open moving data around, and after half hour or so it'll just bug out and force me to restart to get the details pane back.

There's an option in ONE to use default buttons layout. I used alternate for a while (buttons with round style) then seems to stopped work (missing buttons).

With default ones (only arrow) are correctly displayed (on 10 x64).

I use it with classic shell too, and with an hack for remove folder band without problems. Probably you should try to remove and re-install classic shell and/or oldnewexplorer (expecially if update 8.1 to 10, it'd broken something-somewhere)

Edited by Hadden

There's an option in ONE to use default buttons layout. I used alternate for a while (buttons with round style) then seems to stopped work (missing buttons).

With default ones (only arrow) are correctly displayed (on 10 x64).

I use it with classic shell too, and with an hack for remove folder band without problems. Probably you should try to remove and re-install classic shell and/or oldnewexplorer (expecially if update 8.1 to 10, it'd broken something-somewhere)

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. I updated from Win7 to Win10 and then installed ONE with the details pane at the bottom, but I often see it disappear or go back the to right. I've looked in the event viewer and it seems that every time the processus explorer.exe crashed ans restarted itself without loading ONE. Here is the error :

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version : 10.0.10240.16431, time stamp: 0x55c9bd76
Faulting module name: OldNewExplorer64.dll, version : 1.1.7.0 time stamp: 0x55c784f3
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000000000004175
Faulting process id: 0x1648
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0edfe7b42f9a0
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\Old Explorer Win7\OldNewExplorer64.dll
Report Id: 888635a6-10ea-4d49-88b2-e5c4655053b5

I have tried to uninstall ONE and restart Windows but the error is still present.