OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

1.1.7 works great now. One thing though, there's a blue highlight behind the left hand side links on the Control Panel and whatnot. Any ideas on what causes this?
(I think this was present in previous versions too)

new.png

- Fixed crashes

Previous version sucked, this one should be better

The "Uninstall" button does not work for me. I click it, accept the system auth. but nothing happens, the "uninstall" button remains active and the "Install" ghosted. Also, it does nothing now. The ribbon is still there and the details panel is on the right :-(

Maybe an uninstall and a clean reset and reinstall may solve it but how can I do an Uninstall if the Uninstall button is not working? is it enough deleting the folder or is the dll copied by the installer to some system folder?

EDIT: Don't bother. I managed to make a clean install and it worked again.

Edited by artofwalls

can the Vista behavior of the favorites/quick access (seperated from the rest, always on top of the list) be implemented in here, it's one of the best things that should have stayed from Vista.

I second this request. I can't bear the new Quick Access since it doesn't allow us to rename nor change in any way the pinned items without changing the items themselves (which programs with specific paths don't like at all). Regarding the update it is working great now, no problems whatsoever.

1.1.7 works great now. One thing though, there's a blue highlight behind the left hand side links on the Control Panel and whatnot. Any ideas on what causes this?

new.png

I don't have this problem, maybe you applied a theme or something that would affect that. But it is indeed very strange. What build is that? Is it the RTM or any of the Insider builds? Also have you tried disabling ONE and seeing whether the problem persists?

can the Vista behavior of the favorites/quick access (seperated from the rest, always on top of the list) be implemented in here, it's one of the best things that should have stayed from Vista.

I second this request. I can't bear the new Quick Access since it doesn't allow us to rename nor change in any way the pinned items without changing the items themselves (which programs with specific paths don't like at all). Regarding the update it is working great now, no problems whatsoever.

this is a different Matter which was only changed in w10 (doesnt make it less awful), in this case w7/8 behavior is "enough"

vista_explorer_1.gif

The point is that in Vista, the Favs are split from the rest, keeping them on top, no matter what happens to the folder navigation.

Edited by My1

- Fixed crashes

Previous version sucked, this one should be better

The "Uninstall" button does not work for me. I click it, accept the system auth. but nothing happens, the "uninstall" button remains active and the "Install" ghosted. Also, it does nothing now. The ribbon is still there and the details panel is on the right :-(

Maybe an uninstall and a clean reset and reinstall may solve it but how can I do an Uninstall if the Uninstall button is not working? is it enough deleting the folder or is the dll copied by the installer to some system folder?

I used the previous version 1.6 for 'uninstall' [just for curiosity]  then I restart . for unknown reasons changed my default display settings to 125% so I change them back to  100%, by going to

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display   > set a custom saving scaling level   to  100%, then i used oldnewexplorer-1.7

Then i select/apply the  custom theme to  C:\Windows\Resources\Themes  and it applied, then 'install' the settings of oldnewexplorer-1.7 [no uselibraries]

==================================================================================

if you use some shortcuts i made on past download them http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/taskbar-s-folders-for-windows-8-system-310043643

But the reason i did not use those shortcuts since now is that those even with the past good working oldnewexplore [versions at windows 8.1], is that did not applied the parameters of 20482 Eplorerframe uifile to those shortcuts, so I had to use the normal explorer's microsoft's shortcuts so to be applied those parameters of  20482 Eplorerframe uifile.

Only to 1 old version of oldnewexplore my shortcuts worked but Tihiy deleted that version for [not myself remember reason, if affected to anyother part false] any way.

so I would appreciate , if there be a future version from  Tihiy with compatibility to those.

------------------------

Edited by idas

I found another "collateral" issue:

When I have set options in ONE so the good old Explorer menu is back instead of the ribbon, If I click on an element to select it and then I click in "File" menu, Explorer crashes and restarts.

Guys, what is the proper way to install ONE?

I create a folder called "Old New Explorer" in the "Program Files" folder of my system unit. (the folder where 64 bit programs are installed) and then I copy the config util and the x64 dll to it and I run the config program from there.

Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

I don't have this problem, maybe you applied a theme or something that would affect that. But it is indeed very strange. What build is that? Is it the RTM or any of the Insider builds? Also have you tried disabling ONE and seeing whether the problem persists?

I dunno it's just whatever the current version of Windows 10 for normal users is, no themes or anything. It just seems to kinda happen randomly.

I dunno it's just whatever the current version of Windows 10 for normal users is, no themes or anything. It just seems to kinda happen randomly.

Try to uninstall ONE, restart and see if the issue still happens.

Thanks, fixed my WinRAR issue, cannot remember if I had other issues but could not save/names files from Paint/Snip/Notepad etc without a hang in said App which sometimes recovered.

Edit : yes above addition issue were due to the last build of this App now fixed.   :thumbup

new.png

This only happens if you chose the silver cream style, the shell32.dll UI files 23 and 24 need to be updated for windows 10, you can edit the OldNewExplorer32.dll and OldNewExplorer64.dll using a resource hacker like Restorator and either delete the 23 and 24 files in the STYLE_CREAM folder or update them with these UI files attached.

Not sure if Tihiy can create a solution for this unless he makes a version for Windows 10 only.

Note: These UI files are only if you are using Windows 10 and want to use the Silver Cream style, default and Flat White do not have any problems.

UI Files.zip

new.png

This only happens if you chose the silver cream style, the shell32.dll UI files 23 and 24 need to be updated for windows 10, you can edit the OldNewExplorer32.dll and OldNewExplorer64.dll using a resource hacker like Restorator and either delete the 23 and 24 files in the STYLE_CREAM folder or update them with these UI files attached.

Not sure if Tihiy can create a solution for this unless he makes a version for Windows 10 only.

Note: These UI files are only if you are using Windows 10 and want to use the Silver Cream style, default and Flat White do not have any problems.

Thanks that was fantastic. If I do the same thing to Windows 8, will it not work? Is that why this is specific to Windows 10?