OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

I accomplished this for Windows Explorer (this PC) with no additional software other than Aeroglass.  I am running Windows 10 build 10147 Professional x64.

screenshot_22.png

Edited by dhjohns

Find an issue.

There is a conflict with MMORPG Ruppelz (http://www.rzonline.ru/) Game starts and fall with error after several seconds. After uninstalling OldNewExplorer game runs normal.

Windows 8.1 x64 Pro WMC with all updates.

Here events:

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-25T23:13:08.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>107128</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>WishMaster</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>SFrame.exe</Data>
  <Data>9.1.0.0</Data>
  <Data>53f6bcf9</Data>
  <Data>OldNewExplorer32.dll</Data>
  <Data>1.1.5.1</Data>
  <Data>55339bde</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>000011f3</Data>
  <Data>b90</Data>
  <Data>01d0af9c503a6a0d</Data>
  <Data>D:\Games\Rappelz\SFrame.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\OldNewExplorer\OldNewExplorer32.dll</Data>
  <Data>bd6abcae-1b8f-11e5-84c4-000b0d0c132b</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
  <Level>4</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-25T23:13:10.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>107129</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>WishMaster</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data />
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>APPCRASH</Data>
  <Data>Нет данных</Data>
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>SFrame.exe</Data>
  <Data>9.1.0.0</Data>
  <Data>53f6bcf9</Data>
  <Data>OldNewExplorer32.dll</Data>
  <Data>1.1.5.1</Data>
  <Data>55339bde</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>000011f3</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data>D:\Temp\WER732F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
  <Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_SFrame.exe_1da8292f1f1988de7711121585d9855052e6fc3e_929b52ed_1ce278fc</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data>0</Data>
  <Data>bd6abcae-1b8f-11e5-84c4-000b0d0c132b</Data>
  <Data>97</Data>
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Edited by CKyHC

1st thanks for fixing Microsoft messing with Windows.

The program worked good so far. (ver 1.1.5.1) on (Win8.1 Ent 64bit)

Recently I discovered an issue with Lenovo SHAREit (the Windows desktop version).

It starts without an error/crash, but no UI, unless I end it with Process Explorer, then uninstall OldNewExplorer, then run SHAREit again.

any idea ?

Edited by moataz

I accomplished this for Windows Explorer (this PC) with no additional software other than Aeroglass.  I am running Windows 10 build 10147 Professional x64.

DHJohns, since you've hidden the Quick access root namespace, can you drag and drop into a folder in the Navigation pane?

I haven't been able to find a way to eliminate Quick access without unacceptable side effects.

-Noel

DHJohns, since you've hidden the Quick access root namespace, can you drag and drop into a folder in the Navigation pane?

I haven't been able to find a way to eliminate Quick access without unacceptable side effects.

-Noel

Why would you want to drag and drop a folder into the navigation pane?  I have never tried that before, ever.  I just did now, and I can't do it.  But, I have no reference as I have never tried that before.  I do not consider that a side effect, or unacceptable.  All I know is that it looks really, really clean, and works super fast.

Why?  How about dragging and dropping to move a file or folder to a different folder?  Usually I drag from the files pane, but the Quick access attribute change breaks all that.

As with every feature, either you use it and find the loss of functionality a problem, or you don't do it and you don't miss it.  I happen to use that feature, so I'm still looking for a good way to rid the Explorer pane of Quick access altogether, without negative side effects.

I wish Microsoft would just respect their own System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree registry setting.

-Noel

I don't drag, I use Right-Click Enhancer, and add a move to, or copy to right-click item, and go from there.  Drag and drop is pretty old-school for me, I guess!  

Thanks for sharing your technique.

I have a set of tools called Send To Toys that does pretty much the same thing as you describe by adding a "Folder" entry to the Send To context menu, and I do use that occasionally, but I've not left behind the tried and true drag/drop when it's convenient.

I actually got Quick access to disappear on its own, by using the "Clear" function in the Folder Options dialog, but that only lasts for that instance of File Explorer.  The next window to start up shows it again.

So close, yet so far.

-Noel

As with every feature, either you use it and find the loss of functionality a problem, or you don't do it and you don't miss it.  I happen to use that feature, so I'm still looking for a good way to rid the Explorer pane of Quick access altogether, without negative side effects.

I wish Microsoft would just respect their own System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree registry setting.

As a fellow Drag and Drop user from way back, I'm curious why it doesn't still work in Windows 10.  Talk about removing a basic capability, that seemingly could still be useful in touch mode. :)

So keeping in mind that I've never used Windows 10, or any Windows 8.x+ OS, this info below is strictly from reading ...

I guess playing with the folder options, such as explained here, just changes the default File Explorer open mode from Quick Access to This PC, and prevents recent files and frequent folders from being added, right?

But what about also using this method in addition, which seems to remove the Quick access root in the navigation pane?  Is that what you have tried before? What negative side effects did it cause? ( None were mentioned in the article. )  There are also several other tutorials listed at the bottom of that article for adding or removing other things from File Explorer.

Very, very curious.

EDIT: LOL, Before posting, I read all the comments to the tutorial and discovered that you did indeed check out this method,  as recently as yesterday in fact, and had a conversation with the author that confirmed that this method does not solve the Drag and Drop problem.  I'll go ahead and post this anyway, just for completeness in case others are curious. As Brink the tutorial author stated, "At least we can still cut/copy and paste to navigation pane for now."  That seems workable, just as the method of dhjohns does, but it does not seem as quick and intuitive as Drag and Drop is, at least to me.

I actually got Quick access to disappear on its own, by using the "Clear" function in the Folder Options dialog, but that only lasts for that instance of File Explorer.  The next window to start up shows it again.

Maybe if there was some way to automate things so that this was done every time that a File Explorer window was started or opened?

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Well, having unpinned everything from within Quick access and unchecked all the boxes, it can't ever occupy more than one line in the display, so that makes it fairly easy to ignore for now.  Maybe by release time Microsoft will make it capable of being removed.

I can only imagine the thinking of people who believe users are too stupid to be given control of what they see and do not see on their displays.  Perhaps the service department gets too many calls from people who somehow hide things they didn't mean to, then call Microsoft for help on restoring them.

One thing I find irritating with the Win 10 builds is that they reset a lot of tweaks whenever they install themselves.  I've taken to writing batch files with SetACL and REG commands to re-do my preferred tweaks after each installation.

-Noel

P.S., Another option, building on your idea of doing something at run time, would be to ask Ivo Beltchev to see if he can hook the right parts of Explorer to eliminate Quick access.  That's right up the alley of what Classic Shell does.  I'm heading over to his forum...

Hi,

When you disable the ribbon bar, you get back the good old menu bar and also the command bar. But I really don't use the tool bar because I use "Classic Explorer" and its own tool bar has everything I need. Is there any way to bring back only the menu bar but not the command bar? Note: I have observed in the snapshot of the first post there is no menu bar but only command bar. Maybe this is because I am using "Classic Explorer"? (its tool bar shares horizontal space with the menu bar)

Also, is there any way of hiding the folders but not showing the Libraries instead?