OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Hey Tihiy,

I know you're probably busy with SiB, and likely other stuff, but I just wanted to know if you're still working on OldNewExplorer, or are planning to update it somewhere down the line.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Tihiy, you definition of a boss you. Are there any significant changes made with regards to Windows 8.1? It isn't broke so, I don't need to fix it but, I do want to know if there are any significant changes.

Hi Tihiy, just wondering if it's possible to use OldNewExplorer to change the width of the Caption buttons back to how they were in either 7 or 8, this new style in 10 looks horrible, for some reason they made the max/restore and min buttons larger then the close button, I would love to have these back to how they were, I also dislike the new Task Item buttons as well, they are no longer able to be modified fully using the msstyles and this is terrible for themers like myself, I don't know if any of these things can be modified through UI files or not, I have not come across them before.

You've probably already seen this, but they can be made to look better...

CaptionButtons.gif

-Noel

Hi Noel, yes I know they can be skinned, that's no problem, I just want to know if it could be possible to revert them to the proportions they were previously, I also know they can be resized in system metrics but this still doesn't change the proportions of them, I know Tihiy has done some amazing wizardry already with the address bar and navigation button spacing so hoping maybe he has some insight on caption buttons as well.

I only mentioned it because just last night I was working to port my more recent "skinning" (theme atlas) work back to Win 8.1, and lo and behold I had a moment when I thought the Win 10 way, with the three equal sized buttons, felt better. 

It could be a case where using the new thing for a time could cause its characteristics to grow on you (I wouldn't have believed it possible had it not happened to me after I had initially felt the new proportions felt very wrong).

Or not, in which case I hope someone can hack in a workaround for you.

-Noel

there`s a way to remove the running programs from taskbar? i want like mac style. i'm using rocket dock, i dont want to hide the taskbar , i just want to rocket dock shows the programs being executed, there's a registry setting to make no icons to appear?