OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Why should you want that?  It's not modern.  It's not hip.  No one in their right mind would think that skeuomorphism is a good thing!  Shame on you for living in the past!  Get with modern times, when people dance on tables and toss their tablets to one another.

I'm joking of course.  I hope you find a way to make Windows look like that again - especially Office!

-Noel

On windows 10 tp v2 it still hides the "up" button and hides the Caption Icon.  Now we need it to enable glass on navigation bar again which would be sweet.

I like the "Up" button :huh::realmad::whistle: It doesn't add much usage but, it doesn't bother me either. I use on occasion...

Well it must be a great program but the download link wont work. I have tried several times and always "403 forbidden".

Is it still acting up for you? Seems to working from my end..

Still cant download. 403 forbidden.

Try this https://mega.co.nz/#!MdAnCJjI!HI63Y0jgGa9zp7in_ZxiJZhFc7NFEhW_IzBaEZYMUG8 Again, some territories block some sites. Let us know if this helps you.

Why should you want that?  It's not modern.  It's not hip.  No one in their right mind would think that skeuomorphism is a good thing!  Shame on you for living in the past!  Get with modern times, when people dance on tables and toss their tablets to one another.

I'm joking of course.  I hope you find a way to make Windows look like that again - especially Office!

-Noel

I laughed at the first part, barfed at the second, cried for a little and then I made this comment.

The way to make it like on the screenshots is known. Unfortunately I have no programming skills to implement it. But for those who has it should not be a big trouble, all necessary info is known, no research is needed and even test implementation with source is there.

Edited by Anixx

Is it possible to include a feature that would implement this new fascinating find?

There is a great open-source utility Zero Dump but unfortunately it is abandoned. With this utility it is possible to modify control styles of the running windows. Particularly, it is possible to make the FolderView in Windows Explorer in Vista+ to appear like in Classic Windows, with the 3D border around:

This can be done by setting the property "Client Edge" in the extended style tab in ZeroDump. This sets the control style to the value 56001348.

Unfortunately the utility can do this only with one Explorer window and every time the procedure should be repeated manually. It would be great if Shell Folder Fix could do the same every time it loads.

You could use AutoHotkey to do it. I can't really tell the difference since I'm running 8.1 with Aero, but zDump confirms Client Edge is set for all new windows:

;script stolen from user "SEAMEN_STAIN" Gui +LastFoundhWnd := WinExist() DllCall( "RegisterShellHookWindow", UInt,hWnd )MsgNum := DllCall( "RegisterWindowMessage", Str,"SHELLHOOK" )OnMessage( MsgNum, "ShellMessage" )Return ShellMessage(wParam,lParam) {   If (wParam = 1) ;  HSHELL_WINDOWCREATED := 1   {WinGetClass, WinClass, ahk_id %lParam%if (WinClass = "CabinetWClass") {WinSet, ExStyle, ^0x200, ahk_id %lParam%}   }}

You could use AutoHotkey to do it. I can't really tell the difference since I'm running 8.1 with Aero, but zDump confirms Client Edge is set for all new windows:

This indeed works and very interesting! But what I wanted is to set the property for the control captioned "FolderView" (class SysListView32 or SysItemView32 as reported by ZeroDump) rather than the whole window...

Also is it possible to do the same for open/save dialogs?

***** Later edit: *****

Well, I have changed to

Control, ExStyle, ^0x200, FolderView, ahk_id %lParam%

and it works! This is great!

***** Still later edit: *****

Is it possible to do the same to other applications (Mathematica, open/save dialogs etc)?

Also is it possible to resize a control on each window resize (that is not only when a window created but when it is resized as well)?

so is there a solution to my problem?:

i'm using only the "show details pane on buttom" function

for some reason it doesn't update images thumbnails, therefore images that weren't loaded before (or if image cache is cleared) aren't shown in the details pane, how to fix it? make it autoupdate thumbnales when i click on an image

Edited by gendalf