OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Anyone knows if it is possible to hide command bar? (As I use classic explorer with customized icones)

Or editing command/icons from showing in the bar? (There are tools for Windows7, but seems not to work in 8.1)

Edit shellstyle.dll (%windir%\Resources\Themes\YourTheme\Shell\NormalColor) using ResHacker or Restorator

If you are using Restorator go to UIFILE -> 1 (for ResHacker is UIFILE -> 1 -> 1033), press Ctrl+F and search for <style resid="FolderBandStyle">

Add <Element padding="rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,-31rp)"/> under <style resid="FolderBandStyle">

This is how it should look

<style resid="FolderBandStyle">
<Element padding="rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,-31rp)"/>
<Element
Edited by Tusticles

Hello everybody.

I've finally decided to not surrender to the idiocy of Russinovich and put back the details bar where it should be.

At first I tried the hard mode, that just didn't let me use the PC because it crash on boot, demanding a system restore.

Then I found your little software, that I suppose it's just doing the same on runtime with the new dell (I didn't read all the thread, correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm very happy, also because I've removed libraries folder using regedit but an update reset my settings.

BUT, I've found a bug. When I run explorer from the jump list, the bar appear on the right. If I run it with Win+E or from the start menu, it's on the bottom.

I can have windows with a different configuration depending on how I opened them.

And... now I cannot replicate that behavior to post a screenshot.

The only difference is that now I've restarted the OS without driver signature enforcement to use a device... but I doubt it is the reason.

I'll come back when I have more information.

Edited by IIARROWS

So much for that theory. I saw it happen outside a sandbox today (and other sandboxed apps didn't replicate that behavior) so it has to be something about the way the windows are being created.

I took a cap at 3x mag:

http://i.imgur.com/Pv3MzgX.png

I guess the reason the caption title was made into Metro style DirectWrite is because it's maybe the only part of the interface the developer usually doesn't get involved in. Somewhere down the road maybe they are hoping to bring desktop apps into Metro.

Ribbon applications have a custom drawn frame for the QAT, contextual tab headers, and relocating title to render on to it. The title text is also custom drawn and it still works as it did in Vista/7 in that the text can have a transparent background and text glow applied to it. Normal windows however have an opaque background applied to it which is controlled by DWM's colorization color. This is why you're seeing Paint have a proper title and other applications aren't.

Edited by PandaX

Has anyone else noticed when using the option to "enable glass on navigation bar" when you close a window the navigation buttons and address bar disappear just before the window closes?

@Tihiy I was just wondering why all of the dll UI files that I add to my shellstyle.dll work aside from the gameux.dll UI files, is there a chance this can be fixed or is it something outside the scope of normal explorer that is stopping those changes from taking effect?

BUT, I've found a bug. When I run explorer from the jump list, the bar appear on the right. If I run it with Win+E or from the start menu, it's on the bottom.

I can have windows with a different configuration depending on how I opened them.

And... now I cannot replicate that behavior to post a screenshot.

The only difference is that now I've restarted the OS without driver signature enforcement to use a device... but I doubt it is the reason.

I'll come back when I have more information.

OK, now I've something new.

It happens after resuming from standby. But only on Win + E or from the jump list, or from a regular link.

It works only when I run it from the links I made with OblyTile.

The strangest behavior is that if I open a folder, then I put the PC in sleep mode, after I resumed, sometimes the configuration changes.

Also, this is my configuration

post-389336-0-20276200-1394133431_thumb.

And this are the layouts I can end with:

post-389336-0-97943900-1394133534_thumb.

post-389336-0-34701100-1394133556_thumb.

As you can see I disabled the parent folder button, but it still shows up when the bar is on the bottom, but it doesn't when the bar is on the side.

Anyone else can confirm the behavior?

Hello, I have a little problem with OldNewExplorer, please help me.

I have installed ver.1.0.3 OldNewExplorer, but uninstalled ver.1.0.7, after uninstall there some error messages, and now i can't rename any folders... i tried install and uninstall by 1.0.3 and 1.0.7, still doesn't work...

(sorry, i'm a Chinese, my English is so poor...)

hi ^^

awsome app! well done! :)

ive a feature-request:
could you pls add an option so the "ribbon-bar" is also transparent/aero-style? as seen in "MS Office 2010" (maybe so it works then also for other programms with "ribbons" f.e. paint)

or an option to move the "adress-bar" above the "ribbon bar"
or a combination of that 2 options would be awsome ^^

i hope i could explain what i mean, my english is not the best ^^"

k.r.

Rene

post-389752-0-38587900-1394410076_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

hi ^^

awsome app! well done! :)

ive a feature-request:

could you pls add an option so the "ribbon-bar" is also transparent/aero-style? as seen in "MS Office 2010" (maybe so it works then also for other programms with "ribbons" f.e. paint)

or an option to move the "adress-bar" above the "ribbon bar"

or a combination of that 2 options would be awsome ^^

i hope i could explain what i mean, my english is not the best ^^"

k.r.

Rene

With the nav buttons also glass with ribbon glass enabled it would be awesome

• 2 weeks later...

7R5DX.jpg

I looked at the navigation bar w/ and w/o the glass. The nav buttons w/o the glass appear fine, but with the glass are off by maybe 1 or more pixels. Is there any way that this can be fixed by the next update?

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

If you look at the screenshot below, I am told that this is an OldNewExplorer glitch that is being worked out for v1.0.8.0?

The problem is not theme specific nor Browser specific, it seems to only happen when you open browser dialogue boxes such as "save file as" , BUT if I reload the theme everything is ok for a little while then it reverts back to the white areas that are shown below.

Screenshot3.png