OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

I thought you asked how to remove folders without enabling Libraries and TPT will let you selectively remove folders from This PC.

That's my goal, yes, but it's easy enough with this tool to follow-up as a second step and remove Libraries as I mentioned. I just thought maybe Tihiy might think it was a good idea to separate the configuration of same.

-Noel

Hello

Can you add an option to hide the icon in the Taskbar? I use object dock or rocket dock and it already displays the running programns, but i dont want to hide de taskbar

And enable nav glass when using ribbon. it would be amazing like Better Explorer did

Thks man

Keep ur amazing work, i appreciate it to much

Hi, I have a potential feature suggestion with a possible way to do it. I'm using a theme with a gradient for the title bar (Executive) but I restored the text so I could see the titles. I noticed in some cases the background color behind them did not render so I wanted to request that as a feature.

It seems like that option would fit right in with O-N-E, and many themes are using blank fonts to go around it right now so it would help a lot of people. I will explain to the best of my understanding how to replicate the result but first here is a screenshot...

[ Screenshot showing no caption background ]

(foreground center "Araxis Merge" window)

The reason that window does not have a solid background color is because Comodo Defense+ is blocking access to, I believe, the COM interface required for DirectWrite. It could be blocking access to Direct2D entirely but I'm not sure how to do the tracing to figure that out.
The window in this case is double sandboxed by Comodo and Sandboxie, but this effect only happens when Comodo is running. Sandboxie doesn't deny whatever access the DWM needs to put the solid background color, but Comodo does.
I realized it was DirectWrite when I used Actual Window Manager to mirror that part of the desktop at 2x magnification. The other title bars show up blurry in the mirror so they must be in 3D space, and the one without the background color appears pixelated (e.g. nearest neighbor resampling) like the rest of the window.
I think the transparent title bg may be possible by tracing the interface and blocking it. I have Process Explorer but I'm not sure what to look for to figure out which interface is being blocked but I'm happy to give it a shot if anyone can point me in the right direction.
If you want to duplicate it yourself you can use this link to get Comodo, then just run any program as sandboxed using the right click menu: http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php
The component of CIS that does the blocking is the Virtual Kiosk which creates a fully virtualized session, sandboxed using both its HIPS-based security and native Win8.1 virtualization (which other apps use on purpose, like Dropbox). That's about as far as I've been able to figure out.

post-386995-0-06953800-1392859465_thumb.

Edited by aphelion

So much for that theory. I saw it happen outside a sandbox today (and other sandboxed apps didn't replicate that behavior) so it has to be something about the way the windows are being created.

I took a cap at 3x mag:

Pv3MzgX.png

I guess the reason the caption title was made into Metro style DirectWrite is because it's maybe the only part of the interface the developer usually doesn't get involved in. Somewhere down the road maybe they are hoping to bring desktop apps into Metro.

Edited by aphelion

I've noticed that when opening folders from other applications (specifically the portable search tool Everything) the Ribbon is enabled again, but only when opening from the app using 'Open path' in the results.

Is there a way to fix this, or do the changes made by ONE not target some instances of Windows Explorer?

Edited by Specular

I've noticed that when opening folders from other applications (specifically the portable search tool Everything) the Ribbon is enabled again, but only when opening from the app using 'Open path' in the results.

Is there a way to fix this, or do the changes made by ONE not target some instances of Windows Explorer?

I've only seen it happen under different security contexts, like different accounts, or when using the elevated token, or running a process as system with something like psexec or nircmd.

Assuming that's the case for you just navigate to O-N-E under that security context (i.e. in the same window you see the ribbon) and set all the preferences again. They should stick then.

Anyone knows if it is possible to hide command bar? (As I use classic explorer with customized icones)

Or editing command/icons from showing in the bar? (There are tools for Windows7, but seems not to work in 8.1)