Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Tihiy

OldNewExplorer 1.1.8

Didn't work. In Windows/rescache there was a ResCache.mni file and three folders: rc0000, rc0001 and _merged. I took ownership of the numbered folders, deleted them, rebooted the system, and the edited dll had no effect to hide the CommandBar. It was not possible to delete the _merged because no form of ownership was successful. Anyway, this is already too complicated to risk changes without back in the system. Thanks for the help of all of you, Anixx, dhjohns and especially Tihiy for the excellent ONE, which helps us greatly to optimize the traditionaly ugly and useless space of Microsoft's bars.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, bapt said:

@Tihiy Resource 40960, it would appear that this line

ExplorerFrame.dll > 40960 > Line 122 to 126 :

Thanks

Even if it is not possible, an answer will be welcome :) 

@bapt You wrong about the resource 40960, it's not the cause.

The best solution for now seems to be linking just the one interface to an old version of explorerframe.dll

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1eeb5b5a-06fb-4732-96b3-975c0194eb39}\InProcServer32]

@JFX For now, I'm just "editing" the file ExplorerFrame.dll and it's good
For resource 40960 this is what people have found (on Virtual Customs forum, if I remember correctly)
And after checking the files, that's the only difference

Posted (edited)

@Tihiy  With new RS5 17618 Windows Explorer does not get Sets with OldNewExplorer enabled.  Is there a way for you to fix this?  So you have two projects now.  1)  Old New Explorer, and 2)  StartisBack!

Edited by dhjohns

Posted (edited)

Hello, name is Vix

Edit to show I have solved the issue, I am not sure what I did. However, I just kept tweaking my settings and I am good.

I am running into an issue with OldNewExplorer. It has worked perfectly up until a week ago. I imagine an update broke something, or maybe a personal id10t error. I am running Windows 10, Professional. Most recent update, and drivers. I have a custom theme Arc and up until a week ago everything worked fine. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling. I tried using a new download, and I also tried refreshing my registry to a backup. But no matter the action, the ribbon remains!

Thank ahead of time for any help!

Amazing software too!

Edited by vixwd
Actual issue I am facing, was not mentioned