OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Hello

Since a few days, with Fall Creators Update, I've lost my File Explorer layout.

I've got : WIN 10 64b - v1709 - 16299.98

Before I had something like this :
994995118.png

Now I've got this :

oldNewExplorer.thumb.png.3ff2a70c0e6effaa6434d81bd86e102d.png

Ugly ribbon, no more Command Bar, black background...
Any idea to get rid of this ?

Thanx !

35 minutes ago, jheo said:

I installed the windows fall creators update.  How do i remove the preconfigured oldnewexplorer?

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\OldNewExplorer.  Double-click OldNewExplorerCfg.exe then click Uninstall.  Afterwards you can delete the whole folder if you wish, or just let it stay there doing nothing.

screenshot_32.png

@Tihiy Resource 40960, it would appear that this line

ExplorerFrame.dll > 40960 > Line 122 to 126 :

<UIBase layoutpos="left" customlayout="featureenabledlayout(Feature_CloudFileStateIcon,1)"> <UIBase layoutpos="left" customlayout="firstvisibleelementonlylayout()" contentalign="middleleft" minsize="size(0rp,0rp)" visibleminsize="size(34rp,52rp)"> <UIProperty id="atom(StateIcons)" layoutpos="right" propertycanonicalname="System.StorageProviderUIStatus" contentalign="middleleft" minsize="size(34rp,0rp)" padding="rect(0,0,2rp,0)" iconsize="12rp" icondisplaylimit="2"/> </UIBase> </UIBase>

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, koolx said:

Whats the latest version of OldNewExploer to download? I see a link in the 1st page but its from 2013. Wheres the latest version?

The original post is dated 2013, but the link is the latest.

22 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

The original post is dated 2013, but the link is the latest.

Cool. Last question.. Is there a way to re-enable the file menu (file, computer, view) after installing a theme in win 10? Almost all themes hide the menu bar. Let me know.

And can I use a Win 7 Style Builder for theming on Win 10?

Edited by koolx

1 hour ago, koolx said:

Cool. Last question.. Is there a way to re-enable the file menu (file, computer, view) after installing a theme in win 10? Almost all themes hide the menu bar. Let me know.

On the File Explorer click Organize -> Layout -> Menu bar.

Edited by dhjohns

When I try to update with the latest version I'm unable to because the DLL are being used but it doesn't show up on the task manager. I tried uninstalling it from within the program but it will still say that it's in use. Any ideas?

Update: I've installed the latest version in a different folder but the option "use command bar instead of ribbon" is still not working after the latest Windows update. Is the program still not up to date?

Edited by LalzDS

To any one getting the bug on the Fall Creator's update: replace your explorerframe.dll with this one  https://mega.nz/#!lRIBmI6Y!fKTD_J9j0w-rcEfeP-zYsecVfYHtzvYHVgEfKq6teIM

and if you are getting the bug where you can't turn off the menu bar, try solution A here: https://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-menubar-in-windows-vista-explorer/

that's what worked for me

On 9. 12. 2017 at 9:21 AM, bapt said:

@Tihiy will it be possible that in the explorer of the 1709, we can have the appearance like the 1703

Capture1.png.13910cc4a0fb9848bc02e203656d4c87.png

Currently, we are obliged to modify explorerframe.dll

Thanks ;)

Just make Explorer use the old, more functional and less buggy view control. There are several options to activate it, one way is Folder Options X; install it and make sure Enable icon reordering is ticked.

QTTabBar users can activate it in its options under Compatible Folder View:

JWTAmKG.png