OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

29 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

Which version of Windows are you using, and where are you getting your themes?

the newest version, and I use deviantart for themes that are compatible with falls creators update

11 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

Try this theme. https://mega.nz/#!UAokjLYD!ezJ-y6CH0iYCd4L9VkCwrqvmnhsH3Mi2HbdLQ6LZCG4

If that does not work use this toolkit I made for enabling 3rd party themes, and more. https://mega.nz/#!5UpyiIYB!4I45eUF9Yc-GJW-cXvZ-siXyLphCzNEPguciyKTh5lM

the menu bar changes to black with the theme how am i supposed to use the tool?

In the File Explorer you go to Organize -> Layout and uncheck menu bar.  It appears your themes really are not fully compatible with 1709.  You can copy the en-US folder, and shellstyle.dll to your other themes, and it should fix the problem.  See screenshot.

screenshot_4.png

20 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

In the File Explorer you go to Organize -> Layout and uncheck menu bar.  It appears your themes really are not fully compatible with 1709.  You can copy the en-US folder, and shellstyle.dll to your other themes, and it should fix the problem.  See screenshot.

screenshot_4.png

20 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

For much more help with theming join this forum:  virtualcustoms.net

that does not fix the problem at all. in fact it just ruins the theme. the sidebar becomes really really dark and the menu bar still stays white and annoying. 

14 minutes ago, rinzu said:

that does not fix the problem at all. in fact it just ruins the theme. the sidebar becomes really really dark and the menu bar still stays white and annoying. 

Did you try turning off the menu bar?

The menu bar isn't necessarily caused by OldNewExplorer. For instance, I'm using QTTabBar which forces menu bar to be always visible unless you make it otherwise exclusively in the app's settings.

4 hours ago, MDJ said:

The menu bar isn't necessarily caused by OldNewExplorer. For instance, I'm using QTTabBar which forces menu bar to be always visible unless you make it otherwise exclusively in the app's settings.

I am not using anything except for old new explorer. I did use ribbon disabler quite a while back. that was before the falls creators update.

• 2 weeks later...

fixed it! well technically i didn't do jack s***. but still, I ordered a ssd on black friday and I just did a fresh windows install and voila. now, gotta find some themes!

2kd3PLy.png