OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, da_xyu said:

Hello, kind sir, thank you for your hard labor in making ONE! :worship:

Have you considered adding an option to put the detailes pane on the side, like in KDE's Dolphin for example?

It's that way by default.

11 hours ago, Dblake1 said:

It's that way by default.

Indeed it is. I thought ONE enables the whole thing, not just changes its place. Never checked the settings to enable it before.

MS placed the elements in a horrible way for a side pane, I now fully understand why people want it at the bottom so much.

43 minutes ago, da_xyu said:

Indeed it is. I thought ONE enables the whole thing, not just changes its place. Never checked the settings to enable it before.

MS placed the elements in a horrible way for a side pane, I now fully understand why people want it at the bottom so much.

yeah they have it disabled by default with the side position because they know how bad it was implemented and would rather users just forget that it's there rather then go back to having it at the bottom and actually be useful.

Oh, but they had to show that you now have a few more vertical pixel then before Windows 7!!

And people where HAPPY!!

Because of the ribbon, still one of the most useful updates in Explorer ever, like the control panel organised by categories and searchable, and system administrators keep defaulting that to Windows 98 style, that doesn't make any sense and hides a lot of functionality.

I clearly remember watching it live, all the comments... And me showing how LESS space that gives you.

honestly with the control panel I prefer the old style as well since it makes it easier to find stuff for me since I know where what is and I dont need or want the extra step of going through the categories.

also for example the mouse setting is big and easy to see in the normal icon sorting, but when going into the categories it became in the category hardware and sound a small text link below printers and devices, easy to miss especially since you dont expect it to be a sub link because they are normally more for parts of the list item. The Device manager is in the same position.

also where you you check for the keyboard, probably also hardware, but guess what, no it's not even in there

Edited by My1

5 hours ago, My1 said:

honestly with the control panel I prefer the old style as well since it makes it easier to find stuff for me since I know where what is and I dont need or want the extra step of going through the categories.

Oh, me neither... I just type in the start menu and in less then a second I'm already there.

Unless you don't exactly know what you are looking for, in that case an organisation by categories of is far superior. I's a cluster of icons and text that tells you nothing. 

ESPECIALLY if you are not an expert. It's a wrong default.

Edited by IIARROWS

On 19/10/2017 at 3:35 PM, Anime4000 said:

Windows 1709 released, how to get rid 3D Object from "This PC" ?

You can use notepad, paste this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}] 

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}]

Make a .reg file with the .txt generated and double clic on it