OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

4 hours ago, Tihiy said:

What is wrong with 1.1.8?

Nothing new as far as  I can see,  just need to update the explorerframe.dll and  shell32.dll ui files for some of the other custom stuff that are in the shellstyle.dll, not saying that ONE doesn't need some optimisation but there is nothing show stopping that needs urgent attention.

• 2 weeks later...

So far the oldnewexplore is working ok after the changes. It looks like now Windows 7 Explorer ribbon bar without all the junk. I can use them on MS Office suites but I don't need them for Explorer for doing mundane task. So until Windows update completely break Oldnewexplorer - I think it is working just as I need it in Windows 10 right now.

Edited by Transporter
revise

Hey there,

I have an old Version v1.1.7.1 of this installed in Windows 10, probably installed some updates over it, but not 1703 yet.

I don't think I need this anymore so I tried to uninstall. The config.exe lists it as "installed" and allows for this, also the .dll files are in use, so I guess its still active.

But after uninstalling I can't boot windows anymore, error with System32/winload.exe. Does this make sense? If yes how can I uninstall it safely?

Hi! After installing creator's update, I have a problem with the programm -specifically the folders disappear! will be an update? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English!

Untitled.png

Edited by stratos 84

7 hours ago, Tihiy said:

This does not make sense.

Well my idea was, and I don't really know what it does, that it might have replaced some files initially years ago when I installed it and kept a backup, and now if I uninstall it it restores this very old backup that might mess up windows because since then it replaced those files on its own with never files from an update it ran. So after uninstalling I end up with the wrong to old files than mess it up.

But then if this doesn't do anything with the winload process its odd.

9 hours ago, win10 said:

Hey there,

I have an old Version v1.1.7.1 of this installed in Windows 10, probably installed some updates over it, but not 1703 yet.

I don't think I need this anymore so I tried to uninstall. The config.exe lists it as "installed" and allows for this, also the .dll files are in use, so I guess its still active.

But after uninstalling I can't boot windows anymore, error with System32/winload.exe. Does this make sense? If yes how can I uninstall it safely?

Insert some kind of Windows installation media to your PC and after choosing to "repair your computer" in CMD find your Windows installation drive (if Windows were installed into drive C:, then in repair media the same drive will probably be called D:). After finding the right drive set current CMD location to YourInstallationDrive:\Windows\system32 and run "sfc /scannow". If there are no serious or some kind of rare problems then this would do the job.