OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

2 hours ago, Sergio526 said:

In Windows 7 I have additional details when clicking on video files, but these don't show on Windows 10 with OldNewExplorer. Video Tracks, Audio Tracks, and Subtitle Tracks don't show in 10, everything else is the same. I thought maybe Shark007 Codecs was enabling this, but both PCs have the same build. Does anyone know if there is a registry tweak or config file to get those showing with OldNewExplorer?

Win7Details.thumb.jpg.b7b7f07a23f90ba6eda85710385e9d5d.jpg

What are you options are checked on the 7 and 10 version? So others with either 7 or 10 can match it to there settings. If you can get a screen of both your 7 and 10 settings others can compare it to their to see what is going on.

Edited by Transporter
revise

3 hours ago, Sergio526 said:

In Windows 7 I have additional details when clicking on video files, but these don't show on Windows 10 with OldNewExplorer. Video Tracks, Audio Tracks, and Subtitle Tracks don't show in 10, everything else is the same. I thought maybe Shark007 Codecs was enabling this, but both PCs have the same build. Does anyone know if there is a registry tweak or config file to get those showing with OldNewExplorer?

This means that one of the programs you had modified Registry to achieve this effect. Here's how it can be done manually: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-show-app-version-and-other-properties-in-details-pane-of-explorer/. In the article it's being talked about executable files but the same steps do the job for any other file types. Make sure to visit provided MSDN link to find out how desired properties in the Details Pane shall be added using Registry.

Hi Tihiy, it looks like ONE might need to be updated for the upcoming creator's update. I could get themes to work on build 15025, but the UI files in control panel won't apply anymore. The arrows in my screenshot show what parts I mean. 

Untitled1.png

Edited by Terrowin

5 minutes ago, IIARROWS said:

I don't see how ONE has anything to do with a black theme...

ONE is what allows the shell32 images in control panel for example to be shown if you're using a custom VS. 

The same thing happened when Anniversary Update came out, Tihiy updated ONE and custom themes worked fully again.

In Windows shell32.dll is used to apply Control Panel's Navigation Pane and top bar image. Windows logo in About Windows dialog is kept inside basebrd.dll (%windir%\Branding\Basebrd). For now these files could be manually modified. It's been a long time since @Tihiy said anything in this topic, I wonder whether he abandoned this project.

On 2/4/2017 at 8:33 AM, Sergio526 said:

Oooops. My fault. Yes, Shark007 Codec pack (via the Icaros Thumbnailer) does add those extra details at the bottom. I was just using a much older version on my Windows 10 PC. For the record, the additional details do show in OldNewExplorer's details pane!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2017 at 5:53 AM, vr2008 said:

I'm using this program more than a year since version 1.1.7 on windows 10 enterprise x64 and since the first day I have an annoying problem. And that is the details pane suddenly disappears until I restart explorer.exe from task manager. Even the most recent version (1.1.8.2) didn't fix the issue and it happens again. also after disappearing details pane, the hard drive grouping titles disappear too and just the numbers remain.

Screenshot.png

I have same issue, really annoying, I had to reset explorer.exe everytime

• 2 weeks later...
On 21. 2. 2017 at 5:13 PM, Anime4000 said:
On 27. 1. 2017 at 10:53 PM, vr2008 said:

I'm using this program more than a year since version 1.1.7 on windows 10 enterprise x64 and since the first day I have an annoying problem. And that is the details pane suddenly disappears until I restart explorer.exe from task manager. Even the most recent version (1.1.8.2) didn't fix the issue and it happens again. also after disappearing details pane, the hard drive grouping titles disappear too and just the numbers remain.

Screenshot.png

I have same issue, really annoying, I had to reset explorer.exe everytime

Do any of you have "Launch folder windows in a separate process" enabled in File Explorer Options? It's been a while since I've seen this bug and I did turn this on some time ago, maybe enabling it helps. Though it might also depend on Explorer usage pattern. Unless you have always at least one Explorer window open, this option makes the explorer.exe instance that hosts those windows restart every once in a while, so maybe it proves to be a viable workaround.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, UCyborg said:

Do any of you have "Launch folder windows in a separate process" enabled in File Explorer Options? It's been a while since I've seen this bug and I did turn this on some time ago, maybe enabling it helps. Though it might also depend on Explorer usage pattern. Unless you have always at least one Explorer window open, this option makes the explorer.exe instance that hosts those windows restart every once in a while, so maybe it proves to be a viable workaround.

I tried that per the suggestion of someone here, it worked for about a day or two and went right back to the same problem.

However, the actual effect was interesting - the Explorer windows I had open prior to the customization breaking would continue to look fine, but any NEW windows I opened after that point were broken.  Task-killing the new ones didn't help, I had to kill ALL explorer processes to fix it.  So it was easier to just switch it back to non-separate processes so there's only one instance to kill and reopen.

19 hours ago, drfsite said:

I tried that per the suggestion of someone here, it worked for about a day or two and went right back to the same problem.

However, the actual effect was interesting - the Explorer windows I had open prior to the customization breaking would continue to look fine, but any NEW windows I opened after that point were broken.  Task-killing the new ones didn't help, I had to kill ALL explorer processes to fix it.  So it was easier to just switch it back to non-separate processes so there's only one instance to kill and reopen.

I see, it seems we all have a little different experience. I figured that since I'm on Windows 10, "Launch folder windows in a separate process" is a must for me, I've been getting frequent Explorer crashes before, almost every other day. Are you saying "Launch folder windows in a separate process" gives you separate process for every explorer window? I only have one extra process, regardless of how many windows I open. I usually use tabs given by QTTabBar extension.

One constant thing on my end is that Explorer process' memory usage rises with time. The one that hosts its windows is now at 157 MB and it's been running for more than 9 hours, even though I haven't had any window opened for a while.

Edited by UCyborg

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

I see, it seems we all have a little different experience. I figured that since I'm on Windows 10, "Launch folder windows in a separate process" is a must for me, I've been getting frequent Explorer crashes before, almost every other day. Are you saying "Launch folder windows in a separate process" gives you separate process for every explorer window? I only have one extra process, regardless of how many windows I open. I usually use tabs given by QTTabBar extension.

One constant thing on my end is that Explorer process' memory usage rises with time. The one that hosts its windows is now at 157 MB and it's been running for more than 9 hours, even though I haven't had any window opened for a while.

No, if I recall correctly I would have two Explorer processes.  One is the normal desktop and the other is whatever file window I open.  But they both have to be killed in order to fix that issue, so it doesn't really make any difference.

On 3/9/2017 at 8:56 AM, drfsite said:

Exactly same for me.

• 2 weeks later...