OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Really have not mastered their language, I am using a translator!
I am asking for help to make the classic Clockwork ... Transparete, as the new estilho windows 10!
Just like the classic menu, it was beautiful and clear! I would like to see this classic watch effect.
Thanks for the tutorial tip! The file you posted, the reg extension, makes it activates or deactivates the classic watch.
However! files changes the appearance of the clock!
Thank you.

Clock.zip

• 1 month later...

6 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Fixed that

Thanks for working on it Tihy, the details pane is working again but that's about it, none of the other custom UI files are working.

On 05/04/2016 at 4:39 AM, Tihiy said:

Please clarify what you mean.

Only the shell32.dll UI files for the details pane are working, no other UI files added to the shellstyle.dll work, the ones I have tried are explorerframe.dll, systemcpl.dll, themecpl.dll, usercpl.dll and even some of the shell32.dll UI files don't work UI file 23 and 24

Hello Tihiy this is my first post on msfn and want to thank u for this awesome software O.N.E . This has made my windows 8.1 experience very smooth. (Is the program up for crowd sourced translation , then i am game for it) this is a feature request can u pls enable custom selecting color rgb/hex color values for explorer status bar ...currently only  two predefined color can be selected......i know i can hide the status bar but like the status bar and is complementary for using with QTtabbar Thanks in Advanced (if not then can u do this only for the color rgb: 241,245,251 hex :F1F5FB dec:15857147 )ScreenShot (113).pngScreenShot (114).png

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:27 AM, Macgyver999 said:

ScreenShot (113).pngScreenShot (114).png

That tabbed file explorer (below status bar?) looks great! What program is that? I used to use Clover and QTTabBar, but both have stalled development and I'm not satisfied with how either works under Win10.

15 hours ago, Saijin_Naib said:

That tabbed file explorer (below status bar?) looks great! What program is that? I used to use Clover and QTTabBar, but both have stalled development and I'm not satisfied with how either works under Win10.

This must be QTTabBar, I'm using it myself and it doesn't seem to cause any problems for me. Well, except a little bit slower File Explorer openings but that's normal with several tabs being always kept on. I'm using a version of this program which is still being developed by another author rather than original one who forgot about their project.

21 hours ago, MDJ said:

This must be QTTabBar, I'm using it myself and it doesn't seem to cause any problems for me. Well, except a little bit slower File Explorer openings but that's normal with several tabs being always kept on. I'm using a version of this program which is still being developed by another author rather than original one who forgot about their project.

Certainly seems like it. Thanks for reminding me of that! I had used the Quizo version a long, long time ago. I can't seem to get QTTabBar to play nice with OldNewExplorer on my setup for whatever reason...

Am I configuring QTTB wrong somehow?

On 2016-04-12 at 11:22 AM, Saijin_Naib said:

Am I configuring QTTB wrong somehow?

If you want you can compare your settings with mine, I remember that by default there's a lot of useless stuff turned on:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've noticed an issue that happens on multiple Windows 10 computers... where sometimes ONE will screw up and lose all of the custom styling.  The only way to fix it is to open task manager, end Explorer and run it again.  But that's a major nuisance because I often keep "work folders" open for various projects I'm working on.

Here are some screenshots showing what I'm talking about.

After ONE has derped:

Z58qu4B.png

Notice the text is gone before "Hard drives" and "removable drives", it just has the numbers.

The bigger problem is here, if I open up a folder.

1zX1BiR.png

The bar at the bottom is gone that shows how many files are present, the sizes, etc...

Now if I kill Explorer and restart it:

Mfx4heH.png

Now the labels are back, and that panel is back on the bottom:

l0J73vq.png

If this happened once or twice I wouldn't mind, but it's literally at least once a day and I have to keep killing Explorer and reopening it.  It's been getting worse lately.

What's causing this? I don't know the intricacies of how ONE works, but it works great when it works...

Consider trying this:

Configure your Folder Options setting that starts new Explorer windows in separate processes.  I think that will give you a freshly started instance whenever you open a window.  You might not see the loss of functionality if you make a habit of opening windows when you need them, then closing them when you're done.

Caveat:  I always configure my systems this way - it's a good idea for several reasons - but I don't use Old New Explorer so I don't know whether this is a viable workaround.

-Noel

19 minutes ago, NoelC said:

Consider trying this:

Configure your Folder Options setting that starts new Explorer windows in separate processes.  I think that will give you a freshly started instance whenever you open a window.  You might not see the loss of functionality if you make a habit of opening windows when you need them, then closing them when you're done.

Caveat:  I always configure my systems this way - it's a good idea for several reasons - but I don't use Old New Explorer so I don't know whether this is a viable workaround.

-Noel

Where is that setting? I know there's "Open each folder in the same window" versus "Open each folder in its own window" but that has nothing to do with *processes* as far as I know.  Plus, when I'm navigating through 10 subfolders that would be incredibly obnoxious.