OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

I dislike these immersive context menus, they have no reason to exist.

Sure they do.  Microsoft cannot monetize incremental future improvements to Windows - again - if 1) you like it as it is now and 2) people can improve it themselves.  The "free" version has to suck as much as possible to give rise to more decades of prosperity for Microsoft.

If that seems silly, just think about this:  Extrapolating your argument, NOTHING that's been changed in WIndows 10 has reason to exist. 

But EVERYTHING does per my point of view.

-Noel

I would really like it if someone could take some time out of his busy schedule to explain what an immersible context menu is.

It's a right click menu on the metro apps tiles.

Thank you!  Yea, these are very important.  I would be screwed without them.

I would really like it if someone could take some time out of his busy schedule to explain what an immersible context menu is.

It's a right click menu on the metro apps tiles.

Thank you!  Yea, these are very important.  I would be screwed without them.

It's the new style immersive context menu for the desktop, the reg hack just reverts it to the normal explorer context menu, the same right click context menu you see on Windows 8.

Edited by MrGRiM

And in 4 months (or 8 months, or...), in an OS coming to theaters near you, the old menus will no longer be available.

Looking for the good in Windows 10 is like looking for the good in Kylo Ren.

KyloRenMural-Fathead.png

-Noel

Does this only work with latest Windows 10 features update? I have set this as said in instructions above but it made no difference even after restart.

I have only tested it on Windows 10 Th2 and it works fine on that, Windows 8 doesn't use immersive context menus on the desktop only on the start screen.

Does this only work with latest Windows 10 features update? I have set this as said in instructions above but it made no difference even after restart.

I have only tested it on Windows 10 Th2 and it works fine on that, Windows 8 doesn't use immersive context menus on the desktop only on the start screen.

My build at the moment is 10240. I see that Aero Glass for latest stable Windows 10 version has recently been released so it's time to upgrade my PC too.

What's not working for you?

I've heard complete re-theming is only possible with additional tweaks, that UxThemeSignatureBypass may not be working.  I haven't tried to re-theme myself, just change the theme atlas graphics.  My SquareCorners10586.png and SquareCorners10586.png.layout files seem to work okay with 10586 and  the released Aero Glass for Win 8.1+ software.

AeroGlassOn10586.png

-Noel

I've always used full visual styles rather than color themes or atlas images. After finally installing November update I noticed that the only custom VS I could use was Aero Lite (made by Microsoft but hidden by default (it still requires some kind of custom VS support in Windows)). I was using UxThemeSignatureBypass then but after it failed I also tried UxStyle and UltraUXThemePatcher but neither of them worked correctly. After searching in DeviantArt I found patched themeui.dll, uxinit.dll and uxtheme.dll files. Although using them adds custom VS support back but they're outdated so incorrect use (for instance, trying to apply VS made for Windows 10 RTM) results into black screens. Also, this method has another (though minor) disadvantage: thumbnail previews in Personalization panel are no longer shown

l3KRslg.png

I think it was MrGRiM who posted that if you replace the Aerolite folder and files with those from your favorite theme you can coerce Win 10 into loading it.  Don't go by what I'm saying, though - look for the specific info he posted.

Clearly Microsoft doesn't want us doing that, but apparently there's still a way.

-Noel

I think it was MrGRiM who posted that if you replace the Aerolite folder and files with those from your favorite theme you can coerce Win 10 into loading it.  Don't go by what I'm saying, though - look for the specific info he posted.

Clearly Microsoft doesn't want us doing that, but apparently there's still a way.

-Noel

You need to go to his virtual customs website, and follow the directions.  It works well.  Since there is a way to do this, MS has no objections.  If they didn't want us to do it we wouldn't be able to, now would we?