OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Try dragging and dropping something in the Navigation (left) pane.  If that works I'll be interested.  All tweaks discovered so far break drag and drop.

-Noel

That does break drag and drop, I confirmed it when I posted about blue star.

Hello all,

i would like to share my experience, first of all thank you Tihiy for creating this (i am a satisfied StartIsBack customer too).

Unfortunately i had some bad errors with OldNewExplorer enabled, installations of some programs fail when activated, for example i tried to install Adobe Reader DC, Sony MediaGo, Office 2013 and Windows 8/10 Manager, all applications that use MS Installer, the installation stucks at the very end and it will stay in that matter until i kill it with the task manager. I was able to reproduce the issue with Windows 8.1 several times and now it reappears on Windows 10 (tested with many reinstallation of the OS, sadly i had a hardware issue, so it was necessary to do). From my observations, it stucks when the installer tries to create a desktop link. Disabling ONE resolved everything.

Could someone try to install one of apps mentioned? The simplest and less invasive is Windows 10 Manager (Yamicsoft).

And sometimes it corrupts like this and if i try to save something using the "Save with name" function, using like the Snipping tool or Paint, it will stall the program and i must force close it:

uPABVfn.png

Disabling ONE, in this case too, resolved everything (OS Windows 8.1 and Windows 10).

1.1.6 http://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar

- Fixed deadlocks

ONE needs more love; will do

Earlier in a different topic I had posted something about my Settings App crashing when I go to Theme Settings. Somehow ONE was the cause of it since disabling it didn't cause Settings to crash. I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened to anyone else, but just incase. I'll give this a try and see if it happens again.

*Update* : Yeah, it's still crashing my settings app. Again, Idk if it's only me or if this is happening to other people. PC Reset doesn't help in this matter ethier for me because the moment I install the shell extension for O.N.E. Settings starts crashing out when I click "Theme Settings."

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

Bug with latest version, renaming or creating new folders returns error "cant find the specified file", "The file or Folder does not exist"

This relates to the option "Use Libraries, Hide the folders in This PC" Disable this option and you can rename folders again.

Hello all,

i would like to share my experience, first of all thank you Tihiy for creating this (i am a satisfied StartIsBack customer too).

Unfortunately i had some bad errors with OldNewExplorer enabled, installations of some programs fail when activated, for example i tried to install Adobe Reader DC, Sony MediaGo, Office 2013 and Windows 8/10 Manager, all applications that use MS Installer, the installation stucks at the very end and it will stay in that matter until i kill it with the task manager. I was able to reproduce the issue with Windows 8.1 several times and now it reappears on Windows 10 (tested with many reinstallation of the OS, sadly i had a hardware issue, so it was necessary to do). From my observations, it stucks when the installer tries to create a desktop link. Disabling ONE resolved everything.

Could someone try to install one of apps mentioned? The simplest and less invasive is Windows 10 Manager (Yamicsoft).

Disabling ONE, in this case too, resolved everything (OS Windows 8.1 and Windows 10).

yes, I confirm these errors. I had problems installing amd catalyst control center, disabling I can install it.

Hello all,

yes, I confirm these errors. I had problems installing amd catalyst control center, disabling I can install it.

Can also confirm this problem with installers on windows 8 and 10, installers made with Inno Setup will hang on desktop icon creation, never realised it was related to ONE until now.