OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Looks like the latest build of Windows 10 (build 9860) has finally broken OldNewExplorer :(

Seeing that this isn't a very high priority for Tihiy, hopefully someone will come up with another solution to remove the ribbon or get back the old style explorer.

Looks like the latest build of Windows 10 (build 9860) has finally broken OldNewExplorer :(

Seeing that this isn't a very high priority for Tihiy, hopefully someone will come up with another solution to remove the ribbon or get back the old style explorer.

You can delete the ribbon in the explorerframe.dll for now as a temporary solution.

Running W8.1, I've noticed that after the recent updates you get the "Folders" menu option when hit CTRL+O in say a web browser and there's also the Desktop - Videos folders under This PC in the left side navigation pane.

bkxvO.png

I'm simply clicking the little triangle next to "Folders" to hide it from view as a temporary solution...

QY4S8.png

Anybody getting this?

Well it must be a great program but the download link wont work. I have tried several times and always "403 forbidden".

Is it still acting up for you? Seems to working from my end..

Still cant download. 403 forbidden.

details pane on bottom is no more working windows 10 build 9860 plz help   ;)  :no: 

You cant honestly expect help on a preview of Windows 10, tihiy is a busy man, I am sure when it comes closer to release he will make sure there is a working version, all these builds are going to change rapidly, no point in trying to keep up with all the changes, no harm in notifying him of things that will need to be fixed but don't expect to see it for this build.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to include a feature that would implement this new fascinating find?

There is a great open-source utility Zero Dump but unfortunately it is abandoned. With this utility it is possible to modify control styles of the running windows. Particularly, it is possible to make the FolderView in Windows Explorer in Vista+ to appear like in Classic Windows, with the 3D border around:

h_1415376864_7087240_1b2b55ea65.png

This can be done by setting the property "Client Edge" in the extended style tab in ZeroDump. This sets the control style to the value 56001348.

Unfortunately the utility can do this only with one Explorer window and every time the procedure should be repeated manually. It would be great if Shell Folder Fix could do the same every time it loads.

h_1415398454_3906601_1ce207a532.png

h_1415398543_9603971_802d05137d.png

Edited by Anixx