create ini file for install setup.exe's

First, is this EXACTY related to "Windows 7" or more to "Software". If the Latter (not Windows 7), it's not even relevant and most people would miss being able to help.

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/80-application-installs/

Second, without saying WHAT software, we can NOT help you. MANY Softwares have "adware" that installs separately from the Software you really want. This can be overcome DEPENDING on which Software you refer to. If the Ads are PART of the Software because it's a "free" version, then it would have to be HACKED and (as a general rule) we don't help with those.

State the Software that you refer to and be more clear on your intent.

Or... short answer - NO there's no "ini" that can be used to prevent Adware from being installed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adware

Edited by submix8c

No, you give ME some examples. See your first post and read the Wiki link I gave.

Better yet, here's what you specifically said.

hi, is there way to add ini files to setup.exe external to setup without adware?

See? ONE SETUP.EXE! Your clarity is lacking. Give EXACTLY what you mean, as was requested. ;)

Crystal Ball is broken at the moment. :yes:

MY "example" - Nero 7 (to name JUST ONE example) download has embedded Google Desktop. By allowing the EXE to run and "expand" in the TEMP folder WITHOUT INSTALLING, you can browse to the TEMP folder and DELETE the Google Part and it won't ask you if you want it. To use the remainder, you have to BURN just that part to a DVD and run "setupx.exe" and Google will NEVER EVER appear again. This is allowed to be done.

AGAIN if the Ads are EMBEDDED in the "free" Software you are STUCK with it and we do NOT "hack" that kind of Software.

READ the Wiki and then come back and tell what the Software is and which category it falls into.

Edited by submix8c

Sorry. You are not listening. You asked:

hi, is there way to add ini files to setup.exe external to setup without adware?

Did you have a particular app you were trying to install that you needed this for? If so, tell us what it is, preferably with a link so that we can download it ourselves and experiment if we choose to. If you don't have a particular app that you needed to do this for, then why did you ask? Was it just a general question? If so, then the answer is "maybe, sometimes, for some apps". There is not a general purpose answer that fits most apps. It that answer is not good enough for you, then come back when you have a particular app you need help with.

Cheers and Regards

Windows 7 does not use an INI file like XP did for unattended software installation. Now you would use an unattend.xml file, and using FirstLogonCommands to specify software to install. You can find example code here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/139572-ask-your-seven-xml-here/

Does Windows 7 come bundled with adware?

Can a unattend.xml file prevent the installation of the adware coming with windows 7?

:whistle:

jaclaz

how do I put custom install for this sendori not to install in xml file? and also is there away to auto detect the software utilities tool to auto a xml so that I don't have to type all in?

Edited by krt47

most them youtube downloaders have junkware built in so I only install them after and click through each so they don't change my browser homepage, search and stuff

so I use JDownloader if I want to save one. Paste the link in and it will give list of all files available there

Edited by maxXPsoft

Krt47, first I think anything fron Download.com is bundled with adware, fact of life, live with it. Second I think what you want is a means of controlling what is installed and you for what ever reason belive an .ini will provide that. Don't work that way. Is there some reason you WANt to install software with comments posted like: "Godawful freeware" "Do not install this" "Cruddy thing" "Downloads crap to your PC and resets your browser!!!!!!" ? If you need a decent .flv downloader go get Moyea YouTube FLV Downloader at https://a5-downloads.phpnuke.org/en/download-program/-b-b-y-l-g-b it's ad supported but not adware. I've used it for a couple of years, useful app.

As for an .ini file to determine what is installed I think what you mean is a switch, such as: Adobe_Reader_11.0.03\Setup.exe /sall /rs or FileAlyzer_2.0.5.57.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP- /MERGETASKS="!desktopicon" correct?

Edited by jimathome

The CNET file *appears* to be built with Adobe Premier. After using UniExtract on the downloaded file, a HexEdit of two files reveals both an Inno Setup "stub" (? "Inno" string is found inside) and a file with the string "CFA" at the beginning.

I would say that *probably* the Author made the "Adware" in it "by design" *or* maybe it was built using a Trial Version of Adobe?

I would suggest finding another Downloader (as suggested above) and heed th info about adding "Add-Ons Software" via XML, since this is also the method used to install others (e.g. Office).

(Yes, I'm using *this* instead of THIS - been on twitter too much I guess...)