Adobe Flash Player 12 Beta

ppgrainbow

Has anyone tested Adobe Flash Player 12 Beta on Windows 2000, Windows XP SP2 or Windows XP SP3 yet even though Windows XP only has less than five months of life left?

The very first version of Flash Player 12 is 12.0.0.3 and the current version is 12.0.0.9.

Flash Player 11.1 through 11.9 required the SetDlldirectoryW which at a absolute minimum required Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher. Can anyone look into the entry point dependencies on the files to determine the absolute minimum requirements for Flash Player 12 come January 2014?

By the time Flash Player 13 is released, Windows XP will sadly fall off the Microsoft support list. Adobe is now moving to three-month rapid release cycle for its Flash Player and Adobe AIR products.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by ppgrainbow

• 5 months later...

Flash 12 runs perfectly under Win2000 with UURollup. However, you need lots of RAM.

Thank you for telling me. Flash 12 should run okay with at least 384 MB to 512 MB of memory. Because I recently switched to a new computer at the end of February, I can no longer test installations of newer software under Windows 2000 even with UURollup until I use it under a virtualisation environment such as VirtualBox, VirtualPC or VMware Player.