Does this concern me?

Torchizard

I was on the hunt for a 'new' motherboard for my PC based on an Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 (2.2Ghz). I was about to buy the Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775-RH when I saw this on their website:

(Only support Intel 920,820,805, and lower frequency processor. Please refer to CPU support list for more details)

So I searched for the CPU support list and could only find one for the rev 6.6 version while I am only able to get the rev 2.0 one. Would there be any difference between the CPU support lists that would affect me and what goes Gigabyte mean in that statement?

Why still buy a motherboard that has AGP and DDR1? Are you using a special AGP card on it?

Out of the box that motherboard will work with an E4300 so voltage isn't a problem, might be that is sees it as an unknown CPU with an incorrect FSB multiplier, but I don't see why it would not work. You can flash it when it boots up to get the latest BIOS running if needed. Still wondering why that board?

The link Tripredacus provided says it supports an Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 (2.2Ghz) only after updating the BIOS to revision FC...

So, IMO, yes it really may concern you, all right! Of course this is one of those situations in which YMMV, but my take here is: caveat emptor!

Let me tell you why: Recently I bought a used Asus P8Z68-V LX and gave it a brand-new i7 3770K (which the mobo supports since BIOS revision 3703). However the mobo was originally released with BIOS version 0401 and the most current BIOS revision released is 4105, with 3703 being the 4th BIOS revison released, out of a total of ten revisions released up to now... So when the mobo reached my hands I plugged in the i7 3770K and the board wouldn't even POST, let alone boot. And I couldn't find out which BIOS revision the mobo had in, nor flash it, since it didn't even POST. To make short a long story, at the end I borrowed a Pentium G840 (supported since the BIOS version 0401) from a friend, and used it solely to boot the mobo and then flash the BIOS to version 4105. Then I put back my i7 3770K and all worked as it should. :yes:

Dencorso, In your case it was different as the BIOS didn't work with a complete different produced CPU. In this case the E4300 CPU only differs by multiplier of the E4700 (same lithography and might even have the same stepping), 99.9% sure it will work.

In the worst case the OP would need to buy a P4 LGA775 CPU to flash it, and they are real cheap these days on ebay. But what my question is, why such an outdated chipset, with SATA1, AGP and DDR1.