login password

gius52

Two post your last session.ini files (Remove your serial )

this whole section here having NO entries will cause some issues

... "someone" asked him to edit the file before posting it. :rolleyes:

@ gius52, is that "gr" on the 3rd screenshot the name of an account from your former XP ? If not, can you list the folders in "C:\Documents and Settings"?

yes, it is

post-384297-0-81926500-1385419121_thumb.

Two post your last session.ini files (Remove your serial )

this whole section here having NO entries will cause some issues

... "someone" asked him to edit the file before posting it. :rolleyes:

@ gius52, is that "gr" on the 3rd screenshot the name of an account from your former XP ? If not, can you list the folders in "C:\Documents and Settings"?

yes, gr is the name of my account; however here is the folder \Documents and Settings

Can you log with "ross" and no password (or any that it had)? Or maybe the name of the italian admin is "administratore"? :(

Yes, I tried, but it is always the same thing.

I think that probably I'll delete Windows folder and reinstall it. What do you think of that?

I don't have much experience with Repair installs. Did you really choose "Repair" from the Textmode setup part or did you just install over the former XP, without format ? I see you choosen "Unattended", maybe the computer name got changed and that would render former logins unavailable ? I don't know. Personnaly, I'd try one of those Linux CD that allow you to clear passwords... but It's on the edge of what can be discussed here and I won't tell more about that.

mail.txt

I don't have much experience with Repair installs. Did you really choose "Repair" from the Textmode setup part or did you just install over the former XP, without format ? I see you choosen "Unattended", maybe the computer name got changed and that would render former logins unavailable ? I don't know. Personnaly, I'd try one of those Linux CD that allow you to clear passwords... but It's on the edge of what can be discussed here and I won't tell more about that.

Could you tell more by mail ?

Google --- How To Remove Your Windows XP Password --- for an article by Tim Fisher, probably the first result.

In your case you will need to look down at the bottom in the Tips section for the case where "... you want to remove your Windows XP password because you've forgotten it and can no longer access Windows XP ..."

I personally haven't had to try it, but it looks like that might help you.

Cheers and Regards

Google --- How To Remove Your Windows XP Password --- for an article by Tim Fisher, probably the first result.

I had seriously mis-read/mis-understood the issue. :w00t::blushing:

If the problem is "cannot login to Windows XP", possibly one of the simpler approaches is logging in without password (and then create a new "normal" account), and hopefully a simple way is to use a USB stick with PassPass (yeah, it's a "plug"" ;)):

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163190-passpass-bypass-the-password/

http://www.sherlock.reboot.pro/passpass-bypass-the-password/

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

I had seriously mis-read/mis-understood the issue. :w00t::blushing:

If the problem is "cannot login to Windows XP", possibly one of the simpler approaches is logging in without password (and then create a new "normal" account), and hopefully a simple way is to use a USB stick with PassPass (yeah, it's a "plug"" ;)):

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163190-passpass-bypass-the-password/

http://www.sherlock.reboot.pro/passpass-bypass-the-password/

jaclaz

In the last days I tried those programs and other similar programs, but none of them could solve the problem.

However I thank everyone answered to my question and hope someone can have other good ideas and tell me it. Perhaps the best thing is to erase the Windows folder and reinstall it and all the programs...sigh!

gius

I am starting to think that you don't really want help/suggestions :ph34r:.

This makes NO SENSE whatsoever:

In the last days I tried those programs and other similar programs, but none of them could solve the problem.

the PassPass WILL allow logging in to a Windows system without providing a password. <- the last character is a full stop or period.

Did you try SPECIFICALLY that, not "those" or "other similar", that program grub4dos batch?

And you cannot login without providing a password? :w00t:

Just for the record you can use to the same effect on Windows XP also WindowsGate or any other tool that similarly patches msv1_0.dll, but you were suggested to try that specific tool, NOT other ones.

jaclaz

I agree, just a mite ridiculous.

Noting there is NO "Admininstrator" (the folder), only "gr" and "ross", one must assume the Administrator Account was deleted by either User "gr" or "ross", one of which would HAVE to be in the Administrators Group to do this and while under the Safe Mode for it to be accessed for deletion -OR- the Folder was manually deleted (woops!) -OR- (while logged on as an Administrator) the Folder was literally RENAMED to either "gr" or "ross".

In any case, you SHOULD be able to log on to one or the other with the suggested tool -OR- using the search given to completely REMOVE the Passwords. I just used that search and the FIRST one showing gave a link to a number of Password Removers, the second of which I've used successfully whan assisting some "not so bright" friends and relatives.

To say they don't work is, well, "Inconceivable".

Or... SURELY you didn't "copy" "gr" from ANOTHER installation! That doesn't work as the OS will NOT PROPERLY recognize it (AFAIK)!

Have you, by chance, tried "F8 - Safe Mode" to see which accounts show up on the Welcome Screen (you didn't disable that, did you)?

In order to disambiguate, there are at least 3 (three) different methods to access a XP for which you have lost a password:

1. the editing of the (offline) Registry removing (or changing) the password of an existing user (which in this case may not be indicated, or not as much as #2 below, as the issue may be exactly with the SAM or with some connected authentication mechanism)
  2. the msv1_0.dll patching (which in this case may provide better results as it simply "skips" authentication)
  3. the cmd.exe -> utilman.exe/osk.exe renaming trick in order to create a new user (which may also be suited to this case, but that is IMHO the most complex to do)

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

I agree, just a mite ridiculous.

Noting there is NO "Administrator" (the folder), only "gr" and "ross", one must assume the Administrator Account was deleted by either User "gr" or "ross", one of which would HAVE to be in the Administrators Group to do this and while under the Safe Mode for it to be accessed for deletion -OR- the Folder was manually deleted (woops!) -OR- (while logged on as an Administrator) the Folder was literally RENAMED to either "gr" or "ross".

-OR-... he simply never logged on a "administrator".

I am starting to think that you don't really want help/suggestions :ph34r:.

This makes NO SENSE whatsoever:

the PassPass WILL allow logging in to a Windows system without providing a password. <- the last character is a full stop or period.

Did you try SPECIFICALLY that, not "those" or "other similar", that program grub4dos batch?

And you cannot login without providing a password? :w00t:

Just for the record you can use to the same effect on Windows XP also WindowsGate or any other tool that similarly patches msv1_0.dll, but you were suggested to try that specific tool, NOT other ones.

jaclaz

Thank you Jaclaz! In fact I tried other tools, because I had problems using grub4dos. Could you help me explaining me how to use it?

And I say to Ponch that gr is me (administrator) and ross is my wife and both of us had no password.

gius