login password

gius52

Thank you!

This is my last session ini file:

;
; nLite private info
; (don't post it on the net, it's not important for debugging)
[Personal]
CDKey =
ComputerName =
Organization =
Language = Italiano (Italia)
Locale = Italiano (Italia)
Keyboard = Italiana
DomainAdmin =
DomainPass =
Expirepassword = 0
JoinDomain =
JoinWorkgroup =
Owner =
[users]
Administrator|||True|Administrators||False|True|True
Guest|||False|Guests||True|False|False
Nuovo utente|||True|Administrators||False|True|True

the program asks me the password, but I had no password to login xp.

So now I can't have access to my old xp!

This tweak that you choosed to activate may be the cause (I don't speak italian) "Avvio & Arresto-Ctrl-Alt-Canc all'avvio-Abilita"

so what happens if you just put "administrator" and no password ?

Also what do you mean by "access to your old XP" ? Is it an install you done or a repair ? Or an install without format and you're talking about your documents ?

This tweak that you choosed to activate may be the cause (I don't speak italian) "Avvio & Arresto-Ctrl-Alt-Canc all'avvio-Abilita"

Translates to "Start & Stop-Ctrl-Alt-Canc (Del?) Enable startup"

Don't know what that means... :}

so what happens if you just put "administrator" and no password ?

Also what do you mean by "access to your old XP" ? Is it an install you done or a repair ? Or an install without format and you're talking about your documents ?

When I put "administrator" and no password is the same thing, and I did a repair.

So what if you try with your

state for what user the password is prompted

Now we know that it was a repair install, the answer to this question would have been welcome. Have you tried with your former user account and no password?

any user account is always the same thing; if I don't write the password the system doesn't start.

What do you mean by that ? What "password" do you "write" ? What happens then, as opposite to "doesn't start" ? Please be more precise about what really happens.

So for a 3rd time,..

state for what user the password is prompted

or are you prompted for a Username as well (was the username box empty at first?) or do you have a "Welcome Screen" with users too choose from ?

And what was the reason to reinstall at first ?

I will try to explain something to you here:

A "reinstall" of XP the way you tried to do it will not work...

A "reinstall" attempts to reconfigure XP as the way it was configured NOT the way of the new disk that was setup.

It is going to be likely that you will not be able to get into your "Old XP" as alot of the files and registry that was expected simply was not there for the setup to use. Thus rendering your installation flawed.

Once a os has been nLited (Beyond simply adding a service pack) a reinstall or repair install is highly likely to simply fail.

The only chance you have is to put in a old user name (From before the reinstall) as they might stll be there.

Also this whole section here having NO entries will cause some issues to has you will have conflicting holes.

CDKey = ComputerName = Organization = Language = Italiano (Italia)Locale = Italiano (Italia)Keyboard = ItalianaDomainAdmin = DomainPass = Expirepassword = 0JoinDomain = JoinWorkgroup = Owner = 
Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Two post your last session.ini files (Remove your serial )

this whole section here having NO entries will cause some issues

... "someone" asked him to edit the file before posting it. :rolleyes:

@ gius52, is that "gr" on the 3rd screenshot the name of an account from your former XP ? If not, can you list the folders in "C:\Documents and Settings"?