16-bit Support

Torchizard

I'm currently dualbooting W7 x64 and W7 x32 on my Dell Inspiron 7520. The 64 bit OS is just for normal tasks and the 32 bit OS is for compatibility with 16-bit applications. Would replacing the 32-bit W7 with XP provide any benefits?

I do love XP, but I do think what's not broken ought not to be fixed. Until you find a specific chore XP allows you to do, while 7 x86 doesn't, so that you do have a real motive to install XP, keep things as they are. And in case you really want XP, do create a third boot option, do not remove anything. Those're my 2¢, of course.

Just tried installing XP and the installation bluescreened because of the lack of AHCI drivers. Tried searching on the net for one but didn't have any luck. Does a XP AHCI driver for my laptop actually exist? (Dell Inspiron 7520)

Just tried installing XP and the installation bluescreened because of the lack of AHCI drivers. Tried searching on the net for one but didn't have any luck. Does a XP AHCI driver for my laptop actually exist? (Dell Inspiron 7520)

See:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/107504-integration-of-intels-sata-ahci-and-raid-drivers/

jaclaz

See:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/107504-integration-of-intels-sata-ahci-and-raid-drivers/

jaclaz

Thanks jaclaz, I'll try that.