Windows Vista - Nvidia Driver (Geforce 710m)

oldwindows

I've noticed that more and more driver companies are ditching Windows Vista.

I'm looking for Nvidia Geforce 710m driver for my notebook, but can't find it anywhere. The official Nvidia website only have Windows 7/8 drivers for 710m.

Are there any modded 710m drivers for Vista? Can I install an alternative driver?

Thanks in advance!

This GPU came out way after Vista OEM support ended. You'll need to find a modded driver, if one exists.

I read that it is a downclocked 600m series chip, for which Vista drivers do exist... but I don't know if this would install:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/57621/en-us

I've tried that one. Did not work. It said the driver was not compatible.

I have searched for modded drivers everywhere, can't find any.

• 2 months later...

I've noticed that more and more driver companies are ditching Windows Vista.

I'm looking for Nvidia Geforce 710m driver for my notebook, but can't find it anywhere. The official Nvidia website only have Windows 7/8 drivers for 710m.

Are there any modded 710m drivers for Vista? Can I install an alternative driver?

Thanks in advance!

The NVIDIA GeForce 710m driver uses the GeForce 320.00 firmware, which is only compatibile with Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8. :(

It's obvious that you could be out of luck as the GPU came out after Microsoft ended Windows Vista OEM sales on 22 October 2011. Windows Vista is slowly suffering the same fate along with Windows XP...especially since it's marketshare is down to just 3.3%.

I further suspect that drivers for Windows 7 may no longer be tested or available after Microsoft ends Windows 7 OEM sales later this year.

Edited by ppgrainbow