youtube sucks again

vinifera

YT started to suck again

- it wasn't enough that 90% clips you upload got deleted because of copyright, right ?
I mean... what isn't copyrighted today ?

and its absurd to even use video hosting service to upload videos right ?

- it wasn't enough that they started content filtering by country
I mean... there are some top secret videos there that terrorists might use !

- it wasn't enough that they ditched YT to become YOUR personal place, but THEIRS
with THEIR forced content and look

no !

there has to be more features !

now you can't comment and/or read comments made for you without having your
own piece of sh*t google+ account that nobody wants ...

they simply stripped everything user wants OUT

I see no reason anymore to have registered acc there

Monopoly abuse again?

Agreed YT has changed for the worse.

I want to comment on some clips but also I DO NOT want Google+. I had something I couldnt comment on a couple of nights ago. Tried on something else, it worked.

The "Recommended for you" has narrowed its scope, it used to give 5 options for each topic which with 1 click will give you more options for that topic.

Now there is a maximum of 24 for all topics combined

Edited by G8YMW

Yeah I noticed recently that they changed it so you can't even comment or vote on posts without having an account. I already have a Google+ (and a gmail) technically for my phone, but I don't use those services. Just youtube primarily. My biggest complaint is that Google+ wants to use your real name, and they had "banned" me before by having a first name as an underscore as it didn't meet their criteria... Forget that the account was active for almost a year by that point. But it is still possible to use "fake" names there, just don't try using symbols as your first name. ;)

Tripredacus ... going to go off topic briefly from what vinifera posted. You mentioned Google and G-mail. I was with Yahoo mail for years then they started changing the simple e-mail program too much and I went G-mail before all the spying stuff came out with Google co-operating with the NSA and whoever else ... I got in without using my real name and such but I get the window when I sign in to provide "more" information ... cell phone number mainly. I want to look for another e-mail client. Maybe one of these days Google will just refuse to let a person get to their e-mail account if you don't provide all the information they want, right now a person can just "sidestep" everything by saying to do it later! Just curious what you and others are using for an e-mail account in today's world. I have been searching around for sometime with various results ... I found one located in Switzerland called Kolab or at least their server is in Switzerland. It is not free and I was hoping for something that might be a good free simple e-mail client that won't be spying or copying everything as Google seems to enjoy doing.

This review is from Aug 2013:

Why Kolab Might Be the Best Secure Email Service Still Standing

http://gizmodo.com/why-kolab-might-be-the-best-secure-email-service-still-1171618005

The digital carnage continues as yet another online service shuts down rather than face NSA scrutiny. Fearing for its email security, the legal site Groklaw shut its doors on Tuesday, but not before offering a very valuable recommendation: An email service that's out of reach of government goons.

If you're worried about the spooks reading your email, take Groklaw founder Pamela Jones's advice and check out Kolab. This ten-year-old open source groupware developer is everything that Gmail is not. Its email and calendar services are completely secure, so your private data will never be crawled. That means there's no robot pulling keywords out of your emails to serve you more relevant ads, and in Kolab's own words, your data "can not be accessed by spy programs such as PRISM, so there will be no spying".

The fun doesn't stop there. One of the key features of Kolab is the fact that they store all client data on a physical server bank in Switzerland, a country with some of the best privacy laws and data security in the world. Kolab proudly points out on its website that there were only 20 cases of real-time internet wiretapping in Switzerland last year—an amount that's basically negligible compared to the NSA's sweeping surveillance programs in the United States—and Kolab meanwhile received no requests from data during the same time period. Kolab promises never to sell your data but makes everything easily downloadable by you from the organization's servers.

There are a couple of downsides and missing features. For one, Kolab doesn't offer end-to-end encryption services which, to be fair, is tough to do for email. (Gmail doesn't offer encryption either.) However, the organization explains in its FAQ that it's chosen not to do server-side encryption is that it's impossible to do so without giving the provider access to the data. They do suggest some email programs like Thunderbird that do support encryption. Another downside is the cost. Kolab's webmail service is not free, although at $10 a month, it's not very expensive either.

Really, it all comes down to how you want to protect your data. Now that we know Google's been working with the NSA and other secure email services like Lavabit and Silent Circle have folded to pressure from the NSA, there aren't many options left for secure email. So it might cost you a buck or two and you might have to seek out some features it doesn't offer, but Kolab's email service is one of your best options. Think of it this way: The servers are literally nestled in the safe and neutral mountains of Switzerland. You don't get much more secure than that.

... maybe some others are using a decent e-mail client ... free or pay ... just want some feedback and would like to move on from G-mail.

If there are too many replies dealing with e-mail accounts then maybe there should be a separate thread. It is vinifera's post with Youtube. Just wanted to hear your recommendations for an e-mail account or from anyone else.

Edited by duffy98

Thanks for the tip on Hushmail ... might just work for me. Opened an account (free) to use for awhile. Yes, a person has to "sign in" at least once every 25 days and you only get 25 MB of storage with a free account but I can use my G-mail accounts for junk and move the important stuff to Hushmail ... for now, unless someone posts about one even better.

thanks

... might add that it was a very easy signup ... no "gallon of blood" or fingerprints required!

Edited by duffy98

I'm definately no fan of Yahoo's current redesign. Mostly the problem has to do with the ability to open an email by clicking just to the side (a matter of pixels) of the checkbox. Makes it a pain if you need to selectively move a bunch of messages, then suddenly one opens up on you!

Also, Yahoo has been making people reset their passwords alot in the past couple weeks. I've had to do it twice in a week. It says there is suspicious activity, yet it doesn't say what it is exactly.

Regarding Google/Youtube, you can no-longer delay the name thing. If you don't join your Google+ to Youtube account, you can't do anything on Youtube except search and watch videos. Any other sort of interaction will show the account setup prompt.

I just decided to roll by, and look other people are having the same problem, isn't that just fine and dandy.

Boycott Google?

Boycott new hardware?

Apparently Google is a supporter of Privacy or they are against privacy? So far Google is infinity times better then any god forsaken Yahoo ( that posts your IP and launches stings with the thought police, when you start thinking outside the Iron Curtian ) crap. In a nutshell an Ipad/tablet is a stupid smart phone which is a stupid PPC. I feel that google is forcing

( hurting the consumer with tatics )

It says in the warning below you can post messages but only in Youtube mobile????

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171666?hl=en

Before it was asking me, to make a shorter name, but now it is asking me the click okay. Should I click okay, or is that giving me a Google+ account login? This is just stupid. I am tired of this crap, they want me to put all my private information into their website.

Also, Yahoo has been making people reset their passwords alot in the past couple weeks. I've had to do it twice in a week. It says there is suspicious activity, yet it doesn't say what it is exactly.

That is because out of all the other mail groups, they have been making the most money alongside ( phone companies ), when it has come to selling information about users. Then of course it is way too easy to break into a Yahoo account along with making one. I know somebody who account was hacked, and the moment the activated the yahoo version of facebook, somebody went in and changed the background to reflect their name, like a big joke. Not kidding you.

I usted to use Yahoo as well. I got tired of all the idiots sending me crap from thier phone because they have me linked in their list of names. Also for some reason, somebody was able to use my real name to

find my Yahoo mail and then send me personal information. Your name = Your Yahoo email account. Go try it right now ( on somebody elses unprotected wireless ). Also thanks to Yahoo my former zip code is wide open for anybody to see. Any other personal information I put into Yahoo. Yahoo also treats it's "Answers' as a social media website. You gotta buncha sicko's Ned Flanders ( not to disrespect ) using it like ICE or a FLEX program.

Edited by ROTS

This is all rather depressing. The intrusiveness continues to escalate with no force suffucient to circumvent it. The only place I feel comfortably home yet still---is using my AOL mail (had it since the year 1999!). Even in the ancient sanctuary of nostalgic abiding...one wonders....!?!