Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

1 hour ago, Painkilleraxel said:

Cool...
Could you please link me the Vista ThemePack, which they used.
Thank you

Windows Vista

^ Above link for Windows Vista theme. Download file and you'll find a 'read me' file within. Follow the instructions in it step by step.

^ Check 'read me' file for configurations of this OldNewExplorer.

http://www.classicshell.net/

^ I use Classic Shell instead of StartIsBack coz it's better.

I forgot you need UXThemePatcher too!!

Edited by Tengerecki

2 hours ago, NoelC said:

I'm not sure, but you might want to look into Winaero Tweaker.  I seem to remember an ability to change some of the things that show (e.g. lock screen image) on Win 10.  Might be possible on Win 8.1 as well.

-Noel

Thanks. Will check it out asap. I done seen a lot of your work here (with Aero Glass atlas) and they dope, no lie. 

UPDATE: That Winaero does not have such option. However, it has various useful items. I like it, still.

Edited by Tengerecki

Thanks for the compliment and update.  Sorry it didn't do specifically what you wanted.  Like you said, it has lots of good options.  So many that I've certainly lost track of what all it can tweak.

-Noel

12 hours ago, Painkilleraxel said:

I changed the windows picture. But how do I change the loading circle animation?

And by picture I meant this ugly purple-ish default fullscreen solid color picture. I can't seem to change it anywhere.

Edited by Tengerecki

Can anyone redo this atlas

with layout for anniversary 14393?

I've tried to make one but I went crazy over maximize\close buttons... and they are big and not a little small like should be :( The rest of the active explorer window look nice, except the top left part white..

See :

7EAYuFl.jpg

Chooo

CrystalNG.zip

Edited by Ninja_Gundam
attach file

On 2/18/2017 at 4:09 AM, Rayhaan Sheikh said:

Ultra Uxtheme Patcher 3.17 is a virus. My antivirus software told me that and it causes Windows Breakdown.

Ultra Uxtheme Patcher is not a virus.  It is a program which replaces the orginal themeui.dll, UXInit.dll, and uxtheme.dll files in System32 with patched ones.  It creates backups of your originals, and renames theme with a .bak extension.  It is also reversable (uninstallable.)  If you install Windows 10 in a VM, and run the patcher you can copy these files to a folder.  Then, you do not need the patcher to replace them.  Simply take ownership of the original files, rename, and replace them yourself.  Of course, if you have no idea what you are doing, and do not follow other patching steps, or use the wrong themes for your build, you can definitely log on to an unusable desktop.

Edited by dhjohns

15 hours ago, dhjohns said:

Ultra Uxtheme Patcher is not a virus.  It is a program which replaces the orginal themeui.dll, UXInit.dll, and uxtheme.dll files in System32 with patched ones.  It creates backups of your originals, and renames theme with a .bak extension.  It is also reversable (uninstallable.)  If you install Windows 10 in a VM, and run the patcher you can copy these files to a folder.  Then, you do not need the patcher to replace them.  Simply take ownership of the original files, rename, and replace them yourself.  Of course, if you have no idea what you are doing, and do not follow other patching steps, or use the wrong themes for your build, you can definitely log on to an unusable desktop.

Indeed, anti-virus programs love to flag useful non-malicious stuff for various reasons. Check out this blog post: http://blog.nirsoft.net/2009/05/17/antivirus-companies-cause-a-big-headache-to-small-developers/ File system modifications can certainly be malicious, not in this case though, and the warning on the website about total Windows breakage is just so you don't blame the author if something goes wrong.

It's true however that using custom themes always carries a small risk of breaking something. What happens if Windows Update replaces those files with originals and you don't switch back to stock theme until files are re-patched? You won't make it to your desktop because Windows rather commits suicide instead of falling back to stock theme.

Big Muscle's theme signature bypass DLLs lasted for quite some time, they just broke now with Creators Update.

It's a wild goose chase with custom themes in general, need to keep up with how they change under the hood. From Anniversary Update to Creators Update in its current state, it seems they haven't changed drastically under the hood.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2015 at 10:52 AM, NoelC said:

(To no one in particular...)

After a bit of refinement, how do these buttons look to you?  More appealing than my prior version?

NewButtonAnimation.gif

(for Win 10) http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/RoundedCorners.png

-Noel

Hi Noel,   Do you have a link to the corresponding .layout file for the above "RoundedCorners.png" ?

Appears to be exactly what I was looking for :)

11 hours ago, Dan___ said:

Hi Noel,   Do you have a link to the corresponding .layout file for the above "RoundedCorners.png" ?

Appears to be exactly what I was looking for :)

My current rendition doesn't look exactly like the above any longer, but this:

CaptionButtons.gif

You can find that here:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/14393/RoundedCorners.zip

and a variant

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/14393/RoundedCornersNoExtraColor.zip

-Noel

The .png and .png.layout files are in the zip files named above.  Feel free to alter them.

You have to figure out where and when the various parts composite.  I do that by overlaying them in Photoshop with bright colored pixels, saving the .png, reloading the atlas via the Aero Glass GUI tool, then seeing what parts of the desktop are affected.

-Noel