Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

NoelC and bykaracivi45TR could you help us here? I for one would really appreciate it...and sure others would to. I like the grey scale version in scheme shown by bykaracivi45TR ver  Crystalight TextGlow Dark . But it is missing bounding shadow (optional). Could you make one PLEASE!!!

Aero Glass 1.5.0 works fine, but edge colors are broken since 1.5.1. I think the problem is:

DWM\ColorizationColor(Inactive) settings can be used again for setting frame edge color (from history http://www.glass8.eu/out/changelogRS.txt)

And two colors are calculating two different ways, two different settings, from two different tabs/register vars for one object.

That is point, "automatically compute from desktop background" and automatically compute gray color for inactive windows, etc are broken.

I don't know, how use GUI/registry to fix it, I think it's bug.

I can reproduce the issue where color comes from multiple different registry settings.

I have everything matching by changing the various color settings to match one another, but I agree it would be nicer to have the color integrated and controllable all from one place.  I assume it's work in progress.

AGColors.png

The only other glitch (reported before) is that the titles all seem to be offset a hair too far to the left.  It's especially apparent with iconless windows:

ScreenGrab_W10VM_2016_11_06_075702.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't noticed any specific theme atlas that gives caption buttons that resemble Windows 7, but I haven't looked very hard since I've done up my own.

I've seen a full theme package that that models the look of Windows 7 on Windows 10.   It is called Aero 7 by Sagorpirbd and can be downloaded from deviantart.com:

http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Win10-Final-523979941

There may be others.  I've tested this one and it does work.  It also replaces the skin of common controls to bring back some skeuomorphism and make desktop applications easier to use.

Replacing the Win 10 theme is more involved than just specifying a theme atlas replacement file, though.  It involves patching the system so that the Microsoft signature check is averted.  Big Muscle has published components that facilitate full theme replacement on Windows 10.  Specifically, I'm using this UxTSB.dll:

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Good for you for getting out your graphics editor and getting creative!

I suggest taking it further yourself.  You can see where the X and other resources are, and the .layout file also gives some clues.  Try changing stuff, use the Aero Glass GUI to reload the resources, make notes, and iterate until you have it looking just the way you want.

-Noel

• 3 weeks later...

Could somebody please explain me how to correctly install other atlas theme images for Windows 10 v1607 ? Everytime the new skin doesn't seem to be applied correctly, it always looks like this (see file below).
Does somebody have good theme atlas images for Windows 10 v1607? Thank you!

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Quote

5 hours ago, Quote said:

Could somebody please explain me how to correctly install other atlas theme images for Windows 10 v1607 ? Everytime the new skin doesn't seem to be applied correctly, it always looks like this (see file below).
Does somebody have good theme atlas images for Windows 10 v1607? Thank you!

Unbenannt.PNG

http://www.msfn.org/board/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=41065