Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

And btw for all of you guys, I went on and deleted my orginal clsharp_v2 attachment on page 14 and reuploaded it - file download should work on there now again, although the counter is back to zero. I won't be updating the theme further though, until some functionality stops working in the future, as I still don't like the colored buttons and I'm happy with the theme as it is. :)

Danm (sic) shame. The colored buttons are the best part of the theme, and the only reason I am using it. Edited by dhjohns

Is DLL tool to bypass UXTheme signature verification working on TH2? i cant get it to work

It works fine, but msstyles is different, so you need to wait for themes to be updated.

But even on windows 10,the windows 8 and 8,1 msstyles are working, Is the TH2 that different?

Edited by LuanTeles

• 1 month later...

Hi friends!

I not understand, how enable UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll on Windows 10 x64 10586?

I edit HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows, in string AppInit_DLLs: "C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame.dll , C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

Edited by xzes

Add its path to your AppInit_DLLs value in the registry using regedit.

Re prior comments, on my list of things to do is to try to resurrect rounded corners.  I haven't found time for it yet, but I crave them too.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

cdc0a0b9f333f59d0c48bf021a49632d.png

See screenshot - in AppInit_DLLs now wrote in my system, but do not work

P.S. My english is badly.

UxThemeSignatureBypass is not working correctly on 10586 and also you can not use any older themes on the Windows 10 Th2 10586 build, you will have to use this method to enable custom themes that uses old patched files from the RTM build http://cu88.deviantart.com/art/Install-UXThemePatcher-Windows10-10586-36-572822614

UxThemeSignatureBypass might be working on the Redstone build as I found Uxstyle is working fine again but any older themes will not work and you must not try any of them or you will brick your system.

Edited by MrGRiM

Well, to be fair, the UxThemeSignatureBypass DLLs are still working to colorize title text on ribbon-enabled windows, which is all I use it for.

I've all but given up on loading full themes into Windows 10.  There just seems to be too much resistance from the constant Microsoft changes.

-Noel

Hello,

Thanks for the great work again! I'm using Glass8 since its initial release on W8.0 and use it on all my W8.x and W10 installations. :)

Now, can someone help me with the layout file?

I use the Win8RP atlas file and want to reduce the windows borders, so that they are as thin as in the W10 standard theme. But what do I have to change in the layout file? Simply changing the coordinates did not help.

Example: I started trying by just altering the settings for Frames.Window.Bottom. Instead of 8002=0,502,15,518 I tried 8002=0,506,15,518, thus reducing the height of the border by 4 px. But that resulted in a very ugly border. What did I miss? I do not think that sizing margins do cause trouble here, because "my" border image is 12px high and 15 px wide so that a setting of 3601=6,6,1,4 is still well within that area.

SO, what am I missing?

Forget about that! I just found out by looking at the atlas file itself that there are in fact "two" border images in that area, so that I have to edit the png itself.

EDIT: Now, after trying for hours, I still don't get it how to reduce the left, right and bottom borders of the Win8RP atlas to the 1px borders of the W10 standard theme. I want them that way because I don't want the start menu, the notification center and the WiFi menu to have a border, which, unfortunately, is added to them when using the Win8RP atlas file. Can someone help me out?

Edited by Locutus2002

UxThemeSignatureBypass is not working correctly on 10586 and also you can not use any older themes on the Windows 10 Th2 10586 build, you will have to use this method to enable custom themes that uses old patched files from the RTM build http://cu88.deviantart.com/art/Install-UXThemePatcher-Windows10-10586-36-572822614

UxThemeSignatureBypass might be working on the Redstone build as I found Uxstyle is working fine again but any older themes will not work and you must not try any of them or you will brick your system.

General observation: Anymore, trying to customize one's desktop has become a convoluted, arcane PITA. And the rules seem to change from build to build.

"Thanks," Microsoft.

--JorgeA