Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

Currently there is no flexible algorithm. It is done via Direct2D simply:

1. copy content of the geometry from screen into buffer2. blur buffer into the screen3. fill geometry with ColorizationColor.RGB and opacity ColorizationColor.A
In <= Win8, it was done via Direct3D thus complicated alpha blending (using ColorizationBlurBalance and ColorizationAfterGlow registry values) could be used in pixel shader. It was something like (what I remember so probably not 100% exact):

1. copy content of the geometry from screen into buffer2. blur buffer horizontally into another buffer3. blur buffer vertically into the screen and apply the following formula:finalPixel.RGB = ColorizationAfterGlow.RGB * blurredPixel.Intensity + blurredPixel.RGB * ColorizationBlurBalance + ColorizationColor.RGB
As you can see, the amount of the blur of specified with ColorizationBlurBalance. I'm not sure if same formula is achievable with Direct2D.

So I tried a bit experimenting with the color blending and I was able to achieve similar effect to Win7. Some regions look much better, but some regions look too over-saturated (but same thing happens in Win7 too).

The problem is that it is deeply dependent on blur balance which is dependent on used glass color. It wasn't problem in Win7/8 where ColorizationBlurBalance was generated together with the color change, but Win10 always set it to 1 so it would be a bit user-unfriendly.

Edited by bigmuscle

So after the newest update to AeroGlass, I am finding that the Win8CP atlas looks great. Apart from one detail - I cant seem to be able to disable the borders that happen around the start menu/system tray/notification panel.

Would someone be able to explain what I should change or edit?

Here are the Atlas from Win8RP and Win8CP. I really like the buttons form Win8CP. These were in previous releases of AeroGlass.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/swo8r6ju7kemzt2/AABAB5vGMD3vHPHE9Tsz1sYda?dl=0

So I tried a bit experimenting with the color blending and I was able to achieve similar effect to Win7. Some regions look much better, but some regions look too over-saturated (but same thing happens in Win7 too).

The problem is that it is deeply dependent on blur balance which is dependent on used glass color. It wasn't problem in Win7/8 where ColorizationBlurBalance was generated together with the color change, but Win10 always set it to 1 so it would be a bit user-unfriendly.

Cool!

Could you make it a registry option that could be enabled but not on by default?  I'd surely opt for more color saturation than I'm able to get now.

-Noel

Kankikappa, can i show you some screenshots in order to try to show you what i mean by "flat" word?:

this is a flat theme example:http://postimg.org/image/9t5imufmv/

this is not so flat theme example comparing to above:

http://postimg.org/image/z5zez5noz/

Excuse me for this bad explaining, its just how i see it..

I was actually trying to find a way to get rid of that gradient, I personally don't like it, but I love the atlas overall. Any way to get rid of this would be amazing.

Sure I can do that, it's just a 2min copy-paste work for me :)

Personally I do like the gradient, since minimalistic 1-color transparent glass looks more boring. However It also could use some tweaking up and surely it isn't perfect. I'll update the original post and add that flat version for now and still experiment with few tweaks if I can make the gradient version also visually less annoying.

This is the flat preview, hope you like it:

yGvDpn8h.jpg

This is perfect, thank you :)

1bddf91241.jpg

Kankikappa, can i show you some screenshots in order to try to show you what i mean by "flat" word?:

I was actually trying to find a way to get rid of that gradient, I personally don't like it, but I love the atlas overall. Any way to get rid of this would be amazing.

Personally I do like the gradient, since minimalistic 1-color transparent glass looks more boring. However It also could use some tweaking up and surely it isn't perfect. I'll update the original post and add that flat version for now and still experiment with few tweaks if I can make the gradient version also visually less annoying.

yGvDpn8h.jpg

This is perfect, thank you :)

1bddf91241.jpg

Fuzsion , Your wallpaper very nice http://puu.sh/k2CxH/1bddf91241.jpg

Where can get it ? :)

Can you share it ? :D

Thanks friend :)

@ Kankipappa

Here is the result of your theme which I appreciate enormously and which I use with enjoyment.

msg-401620-0-74895000-1441631943_thumb.p

However, that would be it if it looked like that?

msg-401620-0-97194700-1441631960_thumb.p

I know it nothing fichier.layout can use me?

I do not know still too much the habits and customs of the forum, but if this request "Personnel message" is inconvenient, do not judge me, and forgive I.

Friendly

yGvDpn8h.jpg

Hi Kankipappa , How to make the windows 10 default clock like your clock ? :)

What software are you using ?

Thanks friend :D

Clsharp theme update!

Okay so, I've been doing some tweaks to my theme and decided to call it version 2. I'm now satisfied how it works and maybe I don't have to tweak it again too much after this. I wanted to make new post for this since the old one wouldn't even allow me to keep the old files, due to 500KB upload limit. Even though I made overall tweaks to make the theme more complete, I also included flat edition on it. While shading only makes a small difference over flat version, I felt it works better when you have more opaque color settings in use. This way people can choose what to use for their taste.

Normal Preview:

Fi1vwjWt.jpg

Flat Preview:

d0sv16Et.jpg

Open them in different tabs so you can see face to face what's the difference really.

I hope you enjoy! :)

Edit: reuploaded the file so the counter is back to zero. I hope it stays working again now.

clsharp_v2_AeroGlass.zip

Edited by Kankipappa

This will sound like a dumb question, but I need to know how to get these themeatlas files to work correctly. What am I missing? I have taken a screenshot of what I get when applying one. I believe it has something to do with the .layout file not being present (download was only the .png). If so, how to I create a corresponding .layout file for each themeatlas .png? Thanks.

post-408973-0-78466000-1441995534_thumb.

This will sound like a dumb question, but I need to know how to get these themeatlas files to work correctly. What am I missing? I have taken a screenshot of what I get when applying one. I believe it has something to do with the .layout file not being present (download was only the .png). If so, how to I create a corresponding .layout file for each themeatlas .png? Thanks.

You'll get this when the theme atlas you're using isn't compatible with the theme you're using. This can mostly be seen for theme atlases made for Windows 8 or early 10 that are applied on Windows 10 b10240.

Clsharp theme update!

Okay so, I've been doing some tweaks to my theme and decided to call it version 2. I'm now satisfied how it works and maybe I don't have to tweak it again too much after this. I wanted to make new post for this since the old one wouldn't even allow me to keep the old files, due to 500KB upload limit. Even though I made overall tweaks to make the theme more complete, I also included flat edition on it. While shading only makes a small difference over flat version, I felt it works better when you have more opaque color settings in use. This way people can choose what to use for their taste.

Normal Preview:

Fi1vwjWt.jpg

Flat Preview:

d0sv16Et.jpg

Open them in different tabs so you can see face to face what's the difference really.

I hope you enjoy! :)

I just can't get over how great this theme is!

You'll get this when the theme atlas you're using isn't compatible with the theme you're using. This can mostly be seen for theme atlases made for Windows 8 or early 10 that are applied on Windows 10 b10240.

I appreciate your (and the one above yours) answer! I have been searching through this thread on and off all day, and am slowly figuring this out. I have found a good number of the PNG files that work with Layout files that I have renamed. I am going to modify the RoundedCornersNoColor to have different styled buttons (like the ones in lqytn78 and I will post the results. Thanks again for the replies!