Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

No need to modify frame colors in altas when you can set it directly.

There isn't a very good way to achieve a deep color and still retain a lot of translucency (i.e., so as to look more like deeply colored glass). 

Do you have any flexibility in the algorithm you use to color glass areas?  There was the start of a discussion some weeks ago about multiplying colors (vs. averaging them) but I'm not sure it got off the ground.

See also the first part of this post...  http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173827-feature-requests/#entry1098999

-Noel

Currently there is no flexible algorithm. It is done via Direct2D simply:

1. copy content of the geometry from screen into buffer2. blur buffer into the screen3. fill geometry with ColorizationColor.RGB and opacity ColorizationColor.A

In <= Win8, it was done via Direct3D thus complicated alpha blending (using ColorizationBlurBalance and ColorizationAfterGlow registry values) could be used in pixel shader. It was something like (what I remember so probably not 100% exact):

1. copy content of the geometry from screen into buffer2. blur buffer horizontally into another buffer3. blur buffer vertically into the screen and apply the following formula:finalPixel.RGB = ColorizationAfterGlow.RGB * blurredPixel.Intensity + blurredPixel.RGB * ColorizationBlurBalance + ColorizationColor.RGB

As you can see, the amount of the blur of specified with ColorizationBlurBalance. I'm not sure if same formula is achievable with Direct2D.

Hello,

... I am not yet happy with the taming of this SpyOS.

Thanks,

Ridrok

I find it interesting that you refer to Windows 10 as a SpyOS, unless this is a new form of Linux.  LOL  I am using Windows 10 with my MSA, and I am not being spied on.  :)  Anyway, the way I have things set up here, it looks better than Windows 7!  But, that really isn't saying much.

Can anybody add green border for active window and red for innactive one, into this atlas ?

attachicon.gifAtlas.png

No need to modify frame colors in altas when you can set it directly.

I meant edge over frame like white frame in win8rp atlas.

still actual

Is there any way to make thin window buttons like in windows 7 ?

Not exactly, not without a full theme replacement anyway, and fully operational, polished themes may be a little scarce since Win 10 is so new.

But you can get part of the way there...  This is the best I've been able to do by using registry reducing the title bar size via registry mods and reducing the button graphics via a theme atlas replacement (facilitated by Big Muscle's software):

TitleBars.png

Registry file for reducing title bar size can be found here:  http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win81/SetWindowMetrics.reg

Theme atlas files:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10240/RoundedCornersBlueActive.png

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10240/RoundedCornersBlueActive.png.layout

-Noel

Good afternoon

NoelC could provide ourselves to us the .layout whole file!! (For those who as me stake little on the subject).

Thank you in advance

NoelC could provide ourselves to us the .layout whole file!!

We all have our limitations.  I simply don't have the information that it takes to create the whole file.  I've asked Big Muscle how he created the data and he says he co-opted DWM to produce it directly.

Unfortuantely I don't know the specifics of how to do that to get all the numbers for the stock Windows 10 build 10240 theme, nor to the best of my knowledge has any listing of said data been provided by Big Muscle.  My approach above assumes DWM knows how to access its own 10240 theme atlas layout by default and only overrides the setting(s) I could determine by experimentation that make the borders work right.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I am using Windows 10 with my MSA, and I am not being spied on.

I'm curious, dhjohns, and I don't mean to be critical or confrontational because I have a lot of respect for you, but...  What is your motivation for these kinds of statements? 

Are you naïve or have you bought into Microsoft stock or what?  Seriously.  People who know what they're doing are showing you how they are detecting the gathering of data - even with all the switches turned off.  What do YOU call that?

Not long ago software that installed itself without our permission and sent data to online sites was universally considered spyware / malware, and was vehemently blocked.

Have you never had anyone close to you be the victim of identity theft, had credit card info stolen, or had some other electronic crime perpetrated against them?

I mean, I understand that you may just be saying you're comfortable with Microsoft gathering data on you, because you weigh that as less problematic than the value from the benefits you're getting.  I'm sure that's what Microsoft intends.

I've got layer upon layer upon layer of protection in place and my 40 years of engineering experience tells me that I can't honestly say yet that I'm not being spied upon.  There are STILL packets getting out from Windows 10.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

My motivation is to try and negate the ideas of conspiracy theorists.  I know plenty conspiracy conspirists, and I know it is useless since proof to the opposite is proof to the positive for conspiracy theorists.

All the software that installs with Windows is installed with our permission.  Microsoft gathers data with our permission to enable us to use mail apps, Cortana, news apps, etc.

Let me ask you, how would they give us localized news, weather, sports, if they didn't have access to where we are?  It just doesn't make sense.  We are in a new age, a cloud age, and this is how it is going to be.

To think that Microsoft cares one iota about me is IMHO ludicrous.  I use an insider build, so I expect data to be sent to them so they can continually improve on their OS.  To think that they see what is on my hard drive is laughable, or want to access my bank account?  OMG.

I want this OS to operate as smoothly as possible, and I believe they set it up to operate that way.  I expect to always be connected to the internet, as I always pay my bills, and I expect MS to deliver the best updates as fast as possible without my intervention.  That is the way I like it.  I have Cortana, my apps, etc, and they get to know me more and more, the more I use them because of interaction with MS servers.  This is what I expect.

So, my goal is to make it easy for me, and easy for them.

P.S. The term to spy implies mal-intent.  I do not see any mal-intent towards me or anyone else I know personally who use Windows 10.

Edited by dhjohns

Kankikappa, can i show you some screenshots in order to try to show you what i mean by "flat" word?:

this is a flat theme example:

http://postimg.org/image/9t5imufmv/

this is not so flat theme example comparing to above:

http://postimg.org/image/z5zez5noz/

Excuse me for this bad explaining, its just how i see it..

I was actually trying to find a way to get rid of that gradient, I personally don't like it, but I love the atlas overall. Any way to get rid of this would be amazing.

Sure I can do that, it's just a 2min copy-paste work for me :)

Personally I do like the gradient, since minimalistic 1-color transparent glass looks more boring. However It also could use some tweaking up and surely it isn't perfect. I'll update the original post and add that flat version for now and still experiment with few tweaks if I can make the gradient version also visually less annoying.

This is the flat preview, hope you like it:

yGvDpn8h.jpg

Edited by Kankipappa

My motivation is to try and negate the ideas of conspiracy theorists.  I know plenty conspiracy conspirists, and I know it is useless since proof to the opposite is proof to the positive for conspiracy theorists.

All the software that installs with Windows is installed with our permission.  Microsoft gathers data with our permission to enable us to use mail apps, Cortana, news apps, etc.

@dhjohns and @NoelC:

How about getting these two posts moved over to the Deeper Impressions thread? There's plenty of scope for that kind of discussion over there.

--JorgeA

so i got aero glass to work finally, my question is, what is the use of "use custome theme resource" in AGTweaker? is it used to set a theme altas? i tried so but no changes occured, the only way i could use altas was by AeroGlass UI, i just need a bit hint about that and please do not post to me the offecial AG blog  cuz i already read all the guide.

Very minimal skin, removes all color and reduces border contrast in favor of increased blur radius and shadowing to draw separation between elements.

Screenshot:

UBCPvcz.png

The settings necessary for the look in the attached screenshot are:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"BlurDeviation"=dword:00000064"ColorizationColor"=dword:00ffffff"ColorizationColorBalance"=dword:00000064"ColorizationAfterglow"=dword:00ffffff"ColorizationAfterglowBalance"=dword:0000000a"ColorizationBlurBalance"=dword:0000000f"EnableWindowColorization"=dword:00000001"ColorizationGlassAttribute"=dword:00000001"ColorizationColorCaption"=dword:00ffffff"ColorizationColorBalanceInactive"=dword:00000064
The glow should appear as a duotone: subtle white on black, and a faint gray on white, so that it's not intrusive or out of place.

Update 1:  Restore button fix

Update 2 (11-14-14):

- fixed 1px incorrect alpha on left window border

- changed all window borders to match alpha of restore/min/max buttons for smoother look

- added full transparency for captions and borders (reg settings handle the luminosity)

- added BlurDeviation of 100 to enhance caption legibility

- aligned the duotune shadow more accurately behind caption and with each other

Screenshot:

mByEDPm.png

Did you use any theme here or the registery code you provided did that transparency? if it is a theme, i would appreciate you share a link or at least the name with us. if not, it'd be nice of you if you made the methode more clear, cuz i run the code but itdidn't turned out to be like that.

thank in advance.

Kankikappa, can i show you some screenshots in order to try to show you what i mean by "flat" word?:

this is a flat theme example:

http://postimg.org/image/9t5imufmv/

I was actually trying to find a way to get rid of that gradient, I personally don't like it, but I love the atlas overall. Any way to get rid of this would be amazing.

Personally I do like the gradient, since minimalistic 1-color transparent glass looks more boring. However It also could use some tweaking up and surely it isn't perfect. I'll update the original post and add that flat version for now and still experiment with few tweaks if I can make the gradient version also visually less annoying.

yGvDpn8h.jpg

This is perfect, thank you :)

1bddf91241.jpg

Edited by Fuzsion

this is a flat theme example:http://postimg.org/image/9t5imufmv/

yGvDpn8h.jpg

1bddf91241.jpg

this is a flat theme example:http://postimg.org/image/9t5imufmv/

yGvDpn8h.jpg

1bddf91241.jpg

Fuzsion , Your wallpaper very nice http://puu.sh/k2CxH/1bddf91241.jpg

Where can get it ? :)

Can you share it ? :D

Thanks friend :)

Edited by F3lixChan