Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

Kankikappa, can i show you some screenshots in order to try to show you what i mean by "flat" word?:

this is a flat theme example:

http://postimg.org/image/9t5imufmv/

this is not so flat theme example comparing to above:

http://postimg.org/image/z5zez5noz/

Excuse me for this bad explaining, its just how i see it..

I was actually trying to find a way to get rid of that gradient, I personally don't like it, but I love the atlas overall. Any way to get rid of this would be amazing.

I fooled around with the atlas file quite a bit and was able to get the start menu to be border-less. The windows also look pretty good.

vDqoa0p.png

DN17MQV.png

This looks quite suitable to my needs. I havent been able to get the frame borders to stay whille having a borderless start menu. Do you mind sharing this?

No need to modify frame colors in altas when you can set it directly.

There isn't a very good way to achieve a deep color and still retain a lot of translucency (i.e., so as to look more like deeply colored glass). 

Do you have any flexibility in the algorithm you use to color glass areas?  There was the start of a discussion some weeks ago about multiplying colors (vs. averaging them) but I'm not sure it got off the ground.

See also the first part of this post...  http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173827-feature-requests/#entry1098999

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

sorry to be a bit silly but i don't have a clue to enable Aero glass, i already downloaded the setup file along with the archive and put them into one folder and downloaded the tweaker too. but when i chose a custom theme resource and press apply nothing changes, i modified the registery too as in the offecial guide. can anyone please tell me how to get the png themes to work?

sorry to be a bit silly but i don't have a clue to enable Aero glass, i already downloaded the setup file along with the archive and put them into one folder and downloaded the tweaker too. but when i chose a custom theme resource and press apply nothing changes, i modified the registery too as in the offecial guide. can anyone please tell me how to get the png themes to work?

Aero Glass is automatically enabled after installation...

agseyup.jpg

Anyway, it seems you posted in the wrong section...

agseyup.jpg

i didn't run this installer since it says 8.1 only while mine is 8.1, does that mean i'll have to download 8.1 ver from the offecial blog?

Ah, I think you mean the visual difference because of the slight light colored gradient at the top of the title bar.

Yes, that gradient makes windows more 3d-like.

NoelC, this is atlas and layout files for theme i am using on my Win10 setup(its created by Kankipappa, many thanks to him for sharing his work!!)..It will by great if you find some time and take a look on this theme!!

http://rghost.ru/6h9lGmSJq

Edited by klasik

agseyup.jpg

i didn't run this installer since it says 8.1 only while mine is 8.1, does that mean i'll have to download 8.1 ver from the offecial blog?

It says Windows 8.1 +.  The + means Windows 8.1 and above.

Hello,

I use a Win10 Pro RTM in a VM currently since I am not yet happy with the taming of this SpyOS. By the way, I use your RoundedCornersBlueActive NoelC, I love the round corners :w00t:

I did manage to reduce the buttons using the .layout and adding CaptionHeight=17 and CaptionWidth=20, but I have a last request:

How can I make the close button [X] a bit larger than the 2 other buttons? is there another .layout entry to add?

Thanks,

Ridrok