Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

I've made some tweaks to my Atlas theme and since everything seems to look and function like I want, I thought why not to share it so you can try it out if you like!

Layout file is also attached in the zip, because I made some modifications to the button margins and messed with the image positions a bit. :P

http://hrtlan.com/theme_preview.jpg

Great work. Using white text its visible even with low opacity while on both a white and dark background. 

From my understanding: The .layout file is just metadata. It instructs Big Muscle's software on the specifics of loading and applying the contents of the .png file to the current system. Without that metadata, it uses the information the current system build requires.

A key aspect of this is that with the proper .layout file contents, an older PNG file - such as one extracted from Windows 8 Release Preview - can be used with a new system - such as Windows 10 build 10240.

What I don't know - and it's a testament to my own ignorance - is how he creates the .layout file from the DWM processes on a given system. Perhaps he added some code to his own software to print information in the debug.log.

Big Muscle, would it be possible for you to derive and publish the entire .layout file that goes with Win 10 build 10240 when using a theme atlas that matches a STREAM resource that's been extracted from the Windows 10 build 10240 aero.msstyles?

-Noel

So the layout file and png should be in the C:\AeroGlass folder to work I am assuming. And it would be of interest on how the layout file is generated.

I know there is a windows app for layout, but cannot figure how it works, as it does not recognize the file to open it.

I'm using my own atlas file

post-131860-0-81460500-1440960525_thumb.

with layout file

47;0;3602=5,0,0,0DontDeflateInactiveFrameGeometry=1

and has problem - borders of more tray icons area and notification center cover task bar.

post-131860-0-03781900-1440960577_thumb.

Is any way to save borders and solve problem with covering ?

for win10 build 10056

win8rp

F9hF2iM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LTgiJGy.png

___

win7

FAnSTKG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lqytn78.png

These atlases work perfectly, thank you. Is there any working layout file for them to make it possible to change the height of the buttons (e. g. by setting the CaptionHeight there)? Right now the buttons are just as high as the bar which looks kind of bloated.

Or is there any possibility to make the buttons look exactly like those shown in the screenshot above (by changing a registry value or something)?

for win10 build 10056

win8rp

F9hF2iM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LTgiJGy.png

___

win7

FAnSTKG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lqytn78.png

These atlases work perfectly, thank you. Is there any working layout file for them to make it possible to change the height of the buttons (e. g. by setting the CaptionHeight there)? Right now the buttons are just as high as the bar which looks kind of bloated.

Or is there any possibility to make the buttons look exactly like those shown in the screenshot above (by changing a registry value or something)?

You can change the button height, but the combined width will also change proportionally. I don't know if this will work, but you can try making a text file named image-name.png.layout and putting CaptionHeight=18 in. I've found 18 still looks OK, even with the resizing.

You can change the button height, but the combined width will also change proportionally. I don't know if this will work, but you can try making a text file named image-name.png.layout and putting CaptionHeight=18 in. I've found 18 still looks OK, even with the resizing.

The Win 7 like layout like the screenshot isn't possible?

The Win 7 like layout like the screenshot isn't possible?

As of Glass8 v1.4, no, but this feature might be available in the future. The thing about that screenshot is it was taken on a build of Windows 10 that was released before MS decided to change the button height. I recommend using the clsharp atlas above. It looks very nice and doesn't get squished when the caption height is changed. Sure it isn't Aero Glass, but it's one heck of a theme atlas.

I just reinstalled my copy of Win10, same build and everything. Upon reinstalling Glass8, I no longer get borders on my window.

Before:

OTZmCTN.jpg

After:

aYlH6tf.png

Any ideas? Thanks!

Well the "After" picture doesn't have the Win8 CP/RP theme atlas applied. I think that's your problem.

I don't remember the Win 8 CP theme, to be honest.  I haven't liked any of what Microsoft has done since Win 7.

I should think you could use the theme atlas Big Muscle supplies with his tool, and run his Aero Glass GUI configuration tool to make the Glass Color white and all the borders opaque (i.e., sliders over to the right).

-Noel

I like the Standard Windows 10 look without the borders. Is there anyway to keep that exact look but allow me to colorize the min/max/close buttons?  I like to have them each a different color, then change color when I hover over them.

I like the Standard Windows 10 look without the borders. Is there anyway to keep that exact look but allow me to colorize the min/max/close buttons?  I like to have them each a different color, then change color when I hover over them.

You can use something to edit the .png file and replace certain colors with what you want, but it's going to be tricky.

You can use something to edit the .png file and replace certain colors with what you want, but it's going to be tricky.

Yea, I have done this, but right now I am using no themeatlas.  I like the way that looks -- no borders, but it would be nice to have a themeatlas which keeps the default look, but allows me to replace the colors.