Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

How can I apply the caption glow effect? Using AeroGlassGui, I have tried each of the available settings, the only one that appears to have any effect is "Use theme settings" which pushes the text along the titlebar according to the value but still has no glow effect. I am using Win 10 build 10240 and have tried the stock atlas (unticking theme atlas image) and the atlas from post#189 (which is the look I like and is the only one that seems to have a compatible png). Would I need an edited theme, eg an altered version of the one in post#189?

I had previously applied the "colored title bars" theme from winaero before installing aeroglass which is the only thing I can think that might have broken it if it is broken.

Also some atlases here have a blue highlight when hovering over the minimize and maximize buttons which match the red one over the close button, how easy would it be to add that to the theme in post#189?

Anyone have issues on some windows border sizes? Mainly for programs like Nvidia Inspector, Notepad++ settings/find windows or even AeroGlass Launcher to name a few. They have nonexistand borders and can only be increased with ForcedSystemMetrics on. Problem is, in that way all other windows have huge borders if you scale them up through WindowMetrics... Even Aero Lite has the same issue, so it has nothing to do with AeroGlass afaik.

To me it seems like an another Window 10 "feature" since the normal skin doesn't have borders at all, so those programs follow up on that. :(

Edited by Kankipappa

Welcome to "modern" design.  Somehow it became okay - actually encouraged (see Office, Visual Studio, etc.) - to ignore the system theme entirely.  That's apparently "legacy" now. 

We are told over and over that this is an improvement.  So it must be, right?  After all, Microsoft knows best (how to sell things without doing any work).

I've not used ForcedSystemMetrics.  With my theme atlas file I created a companion .layout file that added these entries:

# Increases margins around window edges

47;0;3602=4,0,0,0 # Window Borders
45;0;3602=4,0,0,0 # Tool Window Borders

-Noel

I've made some tweaks to my Atlas theme and since everything seems to look and function like I want, I thought why not to share it so you can try it out if you like!

Layout file is also attached in the zip, because I made some modifications to the button margins and messed with the image positions a bit. :P

http://hrtlan.com/theme_preview.jpg

EDIT:

I'm glad you people like it, so many downloads! :)

Uploaded another update to make the button symbols appear more shaded and tweaked all the button symbols once for all. So nothing big really, but I felt that I had to adjust those symbols because they look better this way. Maybe I'll tweak the windows shadows in the future...

Flat version added due to requests!

clsharp_aeroglass.zip

clsharp_v1.1_AeroGlass.zip

FLAT_clsharp_v1.1.zip

Edited by Kankipappa

I've made some tweaks to my Atlas theme and since everything seems to look and function like I want, I thought why not to share it so you can try it out if you like!

Layout file is also attached in the zip, because I made some modifications to the button margins and messed with the image positions a bit. :P

I might risk another reinstall for this. It looks amazing!

Your theme is very cool. I‘m very like it. can you Sharing the AeroGlass installation package ? I want inside the theme.

Man .. this theme is awesome!

I was wondering though how you were able to convert Explorer to look like Windows 7. I used RibbonDisabler but the result is different than yours.

EDIT:

Never mind, I learnt I have to use OldNewExplorer alongside RibbonDisabler to achieve the required result. Thanks for your atlas theme again.

Edited by ahmedsalahais

Fuzsion, you might want to test on a dark background (e.g., astronomy images) and put a light pixel in the borders somewhere.  Some prefer dark backgrounds, and it looks as though your borders might visually disappear there.

-Noel

So, I made a atlas based off the 8 rtm atlas and RP atlas, and this is the result. 

c89ef97eea.jpg

I want people to nitpick, seriously. I'm still working on it and would love some feedback.

attachicon.gifwindows 10 theme atlas with a 8 rtm''twist'' .zip

I  like it. It's not too fancy and has a nice blend of what looks like the high contrast borders and the normal colors. The blur and transparency just add to it. I do agree with NoelC, though. Gray borders will work better with both light and dark backgrounds.

Fuzsion, you might want to test on a dark background (e.g., astronomy images) and put a light pixel in the borders somewhere.  Some prefer dark backgrounds, and it looks as though your borders might visually disappear there.

-Noel

So, I made a atlas based off the 8 rtm atlas and RP atlas, and this is the result. 

c89ef97eea.jpg

I want people to nitpick, seriously. I'm still working on it and would love some feedback.

attachicon.gifwindows 10 theme atlas with a 8 rtm''twist'' .zip

I  like it. It's not too fancy and has a nice blend of what looks like the high contrast borders and the normal colors. The blur and transparency just add to it. I do agree with NoelC, though. Gray borders will work better with both light and dark backgrounds.

I'm still quite noobish when it comes to this, I didn't modify the borders, I literally just modified the win8rtm atlas on BM's site because I have no clue on how to make proper borders, where exactly are the borders on the png?

EDIT: Alright, V2 is done, there is one pixel that isn't black on the minimize and maximize buttons, I have no idea how to fix this, but you can actually distinguish the lines on dark backgrounds now.

win10.zip

Edited by Fuzsion

Such conversion makes no sense. Layout file is additional file to specify regions in PNG file.

So if one changes a value in the layout file it changes the png file it is associated with. Is that how that works?

From my understanding: The .layout file is just metadata. It instructs Big Muscle's software on the specifics of loading and applying the contents of the .png file to the current system. Without that metadata, it uses the information the current system build requires.

A key aspect of this is that with the proper .layout file contents, an older PNG file - such as one extracted from Windows 8 Release Preview - can be used with a new system - such as Windows 10 build 10240.

What I don't know - and it's a testament to my own ignorance - is how he creates the .layout file from the DWM processes on a given system. Perhaps he added some code to his own software to print information in the debug.log.

Big Muscle, would it be possible for you to derive and publish the entire .layout file that goes with Win 10 build 10240 when using a theme atlas that matches a STREAM resource that's been extracted from the Windows 10 build 10240 aero.msstyles?

-Noel