Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

Just confirming:  Full theme replacements restore everything good that has been lost from decent themes, like graphics on scroll bar thumbs and even rounded buttons, right?

What tools do you recommend with which to develop themes, MrGRiM?

-Noel

I could do with the original RP theme msstyles, I used to have it but I can't seem to locate it now, all I have is the theme atlas, I have the original msstyles for the CP so I could use that depending on what was changed between the 2, looking at the images it looks like aside from the atlas there is very little difference as it still contains all the rounded buttons and so from Windows 7.

Just confirming:  Full theme replacements restore everything good that has been lost from decent themes, like graphics on scroll bar thumbs and even rounded buttons, right?

-Noel

I could do with the original RP theme msstyles, I used to have it but I can't seem to locate it now, all I have is the theme atlas, I have the original msstyles for the CP so I could use that depending on what was changed between the 2, looking at the images it looks like aside from the atlas there is very little difference as it still contains all the rounded buttons and so from Windows 7.

Here you go ==> http://ge.tt/8ygwo5D2/v/0?c

Thanks, ~DP

-Noel

Here you go ==> http://ge.tt/8ygwo5D2/v/0?c

Thanks, ~DP

Thanks for the RP msstyles, I went ahead and created a theme with what I had but this will still come in handy to see what differences there were, you can grab the theme here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173681-custom-themes-for-windows-10-build-10041

Here is a preview.

zntxc2.jpg

After inspection of this msstyles you gave me I can see it's very different so I will have to make a few changes, the one I posted is more a Windows 7 RP mix, some may like it still I guess though.

Edited by MrGRiM

I like the scroll bar thumb.  One could put an eye out with those sharp window corners, though.  :sneaky:

-Noel

Very true Noel, just like the default atlas you can extract the one from here and modify it to your liking and then either add it back to the msstyles after your modifications or use it like you do your other atlas images with aero glass, in the next version I may consider doing a version with rounded corners as well ;)

I just use Photoshop to alter the atlas graphics.

-Noel

Most Theme Builders use some of following tools.
- Resource Editor - I like to use Resource Hacker FX 
- Image Editor - PhotoShop CS is the weapon of choice
- Theme Style Editor - Aves Windows Style Builder
~DP

The variety spice I like is where the theme makes it easy to sense the difference between window corners, button/control corners, and client areas. 

This "Modern" BS makes everything just blend together.  I understand it - Microsoft has a mandate to "make the UI disappear", but their engineers just take things too literally.

-Noel

• 2 weeks later...